This Season V Last Season

Fawlty Towers

After 8 games last seaon we had 10 points - the same as this season. Last season though we only picked up 3 points from the next 6 games - 1 win (away to Inverness) and 5 defeats. Hopefully we will pick up more points in our next 6 games this season and that will stand us in good stead for a higher league position.

Also nice that we have already gained more home wins than we did all last season.

Must admit to being more upbeat after 8 games last season. I'd put that down to a feeling back then that we were on a learning curve and we'd redress any naivety fairly quickly. We weren't at the races on only one occasion, against Aberdeen.

This season we've failed to turn up four times (away to Aberdeen & Killie and at home to Accies & St Mirren). There's been occasions when I've felt we haven't learned anything. It stands to reason that I'd have been more hopeful of us picking up a lot more points than just three over the next six games last season.

A quick glance over our next six games and I think we've enough in the tank to manage to better last season. Six points doesn't sound that encouraging but that would keep us at better than a point a game.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I think we have learned a lot and there are reasons to be positive. This time last season I felt we had to be at our very best to have a chance in games, and even when we outplayed the opposition we weren't getting results. This season I feel we are much more capable of taking something from games where we're not at our best. I think we've taken 10 points this season without playing to full potential, and we could easily have had more. When we click I think we can beat anyone.

In a way it's just a different way of looking at the same situation.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 1

Must admit to being more upbeat after 8 games last season. I'd put that down to a feeling back then that we were on a learning curve and we'd redress any naivety fairly quickly. We weren't at the races on only one occasion, against Aberdeen.

This season we've failed to turn up four times (away to Aberdeen & Killie and at home to Accies & St Mirren). There's been occasions when I've felt we haven't learned anything. It stands to reason that I'd have been more hopeful of us picking up a lot more points than just three over the next six games last season.

A quick glance over our next six games and I think we've enough in the tank to manage to better last season. Six points doesn't sound that encouraging but that would keep us at better than a point a game.

I wasn't at Aberdeen or Kilmarnock so can't comment on those performances. However, we were 5 minutes from winning vs Hamilton and vs St Mirren, we played them off the park in the 1st half and only lost to a stoppage time penalty. I think the dissatisfaction has been down to that. Losing from winning positions.

As someone said earlier, we have the same number of points as after 8 games last season. I also think that we have more points than the corresponding fixtures from last season.

. I also think that we have more points than the corresponding fixtures from last season.

If you replace Hibs with Dundee and Hearts with Hamilton (based on Hibs finishing the higher of Hibs/Hearts and Dundee finishing the higher of Dundee/Hamilton) then it's 10 points this season compared to 4 last season based on the 1st games of last season v each side.

Ross County (h) 3pts this season - 1pt last season

Dundee/Hibs (a) 1 - 1

Hamilton/Hearts (h) 0 - 1

Aberdeen (a) 0 - 0

Inverness (h) 3 - 1

St Mirren (h) 0 - 0

Kilmarnock (a) 0 - 0

Motherwell (h) 3 - 0

My post was referring more to my own personal feel good barometer. After 8 games last season I'm sure I was more optimistic than i am just now after the same amount of games. That's perfectly natural i suppose. First season optimism greater than second season realism.

One thing for certain is I'm less sure what team is likely to be a top six team this time round than at this time last year.

My post was referring more to my own personal feel good barometer. After 8 games last season I'm sure I was more optimistic than i am just now after the same amount of games. That's perfectly natural i suppose. First season optimism greater than second season realism.

One thing for certain is I'm less sure what team is likely to be a top six team this time round than at this time last year.

35 years a jags fan has taught me optimism can be a dangerous feeling