Ryan Stevenson

ayrshire jag

I think Stevo still has a little way to go to convince all his doubters (of which I'm one) wrong but there is no doubting that since he came back into a starting position his effort and performances have been a million times better so massive credit to him for turning things round. He seems to time his runs into the box really well now just arriving that little bit later or checking out of a run to gain a yard of space.

Maybe he's taking time to adjust to a more forward role. Hope it can continue .

Stevenson certainly seems to be on form at the moment, and that can only help his confidence and maybe everybody else's confidence in him. Didn't Alex Burns also need a fair number of games before then turning into a goal-scoring machine?

The first of yesterday's goals now on Youtube:

In fact all four on show here:

Edited by Jaggernaut

Stevenson certainly seems to be on form at the moment, and that can only help his confidence and maybe everybody else's confidence in him. Didn't Alex Burns also need a fair number of games before then turning into a goal-scoring machine?

The first of yesterday's goals now on Youtube:

In fact all four on show here:

You must be outside the UK as they're not up til later

Didn't Alex Burns also need a fair number of games before then turning into a goal-scoring machine?

No. He scored on his debut against Airdrie, continuing his freakish record of scoring on every debut performance which (I think) ended when he moved to Motherwell from us.

No. He scored on his debut against Airdrie, continuing his freakish record of scoring on every debut performance which (I think) ended when he moved to Motherwell from us.

That's right, but I thought he then had several barren games (I remember being totally p*ssed off at him straying offside so many times in a freezing midweek game at Arbroath) before really getting going.

But then I'm occasionally often wrong!

• Like 1

I think the issue will be whether this consistently works as overall Stevo has been good occasionally though more often lately ....I wonder if there are any players formation that help him ?

I wasn't at the Morton friendly but have heard he played just off Doolan's shoulder and looked at his best in that position. Not sure we're set up to play that way and that was just one game, a friendly at that.

Stevenson has always been a player who runs hot and cold and I guess that's been more of a problem the older he gets. As long as the majority of the team can play at a high tempo, as was so evident yesterday, then Ryan is fine in his current position. Even if he's on an off day he'll always pose a threat.