Celtic Park Revisit

thornwoodjag

£26 on a Wednesday night in December!!

Aye nae bother!!

Well haud me back; well maybe not. Undecided. A good run of form could see me making the effort. But does anyone else get the feeling that Celtic would rather that we didn't bother going? At prices like this, maybe they don't want their own fans to go. Yet another reason to hate them.

One of my favourite Thistle goals ever. Maybe even my favourite.

Personally, I enjoyed both our goals in that game. I wasn't happy at the time, but looking back I think we owe a debt of gratitude to that dodgy linesman.

I mean, how often will you get to see Thistle score a late equaliser there TWICE?

Edited by mgow
  • Like 1

I have to admit to being decidedly not champing at the bit over this game or the admission price. It does go to show the stupidity of the Scottish footballing authorities for not switching the original fixture to Firhill, no doubt the currant buns were playing at Inrox or some other such excuse: though from memory didn't they have their game postponed too?q

• Members

That was a great goal! Only equaled in celebration by Billly Gobson's goal at Peterhead and Dools Cup equaliser at Livvy. Caught in a wave of celebration that carried me about 20 yards down the terracing right behind the goal at the time.

Am I correct in recalling that the 1st goal was perfectly legit but the eventual equaliser was much more doubtful?

First goal was perfectly ligit from what I can remember just remember celebrating and the the feeling of utter despair when the ref never gave it. Then for the next couple of minutes the usual feeling of being a Thistle fan and nothing going your way and then back post header 1-1 and there was nothing the ref could do about it celebrations like you have never seen before that and it was a huge Thistle attendance at the game. I think what made it even more sweeter from what I remember it was tight at the bottom of the table and Kilmarnock were getting a result against Rangers which made our game and result even more important

• Members

Thanks for that H Wragg. Yeah, sure that offside was given for Roddy Grant (?) following in Tom's first header after Bonnar's fumble. Never interfering with play! I think the Lineo bottled it to award offside for the second after Lambie and Collins gave him dog's abuse for chalking off the first! Forgot all about P.C. Murdochs rush of blood to the head for their goal as well.

Thanks for that H Wragg. Yeah, sure that offside was given for Roddy Grant (?) following in Tom's first header after Bonnar's fumble. Never interfering with play!

I'm not quite sure if you're agreeing with me or not but I think at that time the first goal may have been legitimitely ruled offside as you didn't have to be interfering with play.

• Members

I'm not quite sure if you're agreeing with me or not but I think at that time the first goal may have been legitimitely ruled offside as you didn't have to be interfering with play.

So long ago now I can't remember that exact ruling, but, I seem to remember it was you had to be interfering with play whereas nowadays you are seeking to gain an advantage by being in an offside position. I would argue that Roddy wasn't interfering with play (wasn't trying to connect with the ball and wasn't in it's path), so the goal should have stood.