Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Was that the 2nd XI cup win against Dundee at Firhill (two-leg final)?

Similarity between John Marr and player in middle of front row - could it be a rare sighting of John's brother Jim?

Ian Reid maybe? Don't recognise the goalie

Edited by Lindau

Jagger see my previous post. I have named most of them. Is that Roughie??

Thanks! Definitely looks like Alan Rough; our other keeper that season was John Arrol.

Odd, but McKinnon, Frame, Whittaker, Marr don't appear in the squad photo for that season (1974-75). John Marr and Archie Lochrie scored in the final. Could that be Lochrie holding the cup?

Thanks! Definitely looks like Alan Rough; our other keeper that season was John Arrol.

Odd, but McKinnon, Frame, Whittaker, Marr don't appear in the squad photo for that season (1974-75). John Marr and Archie Lochrie scored in the final. Could that be Lochrie holding the cup?

Could the keeper be Billy Thomson? At some time in the 70's we had Scotland's No.1 in Alan Rough and Scotland's Under 23 Keeper in Billy Thomson - maybe 2 or 3 years after this photo was taken.

From the same match as the pic above.

Defending at set pieces again!

Bauld.png

Jimmy Davidson, Davie Mathers, Joe Hogan, Tommy Ledgerwood, Alex Wright and Frank Donlevy, plus i think it might be Willie Bauld heading into the net and Jimmy Murray at bottom right.

Edited by paralytic thistle

Down 3-0 at half-time, Thistle scored early in the second half . I remember a thunder of stamping feet from the main stand as our supporters vainly tried to gee -up our boys. Prefer to remember the semi-final where we beat Celtic at Ibrox. Jags played most of the s econd half there with a badly injrued player hirpling on the wing - no substitutes then. Hearts at that time were an exceptional team so the defeat in the Final was no real surprise although we did not expect to lose quite so heavily. Astonishing to remember that tis was our third Final in 5 years. we old boys were spoiled indeed !