Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Good read, along with the other articles!

Actually, remember being allowed to get up in the middle of the night to watch this on an old B & W TV:back then live games involving,Scotland were that unusual. Thinking about it know I actually remember the staying up more than the game-Aye when I was a lad ah!

Obviously Marc Twaddle. The Clyde player looks familiar maybe McCusker? If I could mind the time of the resolution-Ignis re branding it would give a clue to the actual game. Guessing the 1-1 game at Broadwood (Sept 08).

Not Marc McCusker; he used to live downstairs from me so I now it's not him. Mind you I don't know who it is either.

Got a hold of Hugh Taylor's Scottish Football Book No.8 from 1962 with a few Jags photos in it. Some I'll be useless at editing out the captions so there won't be much guessing involved although there is with the first one. I don't have a clue who the Jag is in this as it doesn't say in the caption either.

nn1ik7.jpg

Got a hold of Hugh Taylor's Scottish Football Book No.8 from 1962 with a few Jags photos in it. Some I'll be useless at editing out the captions so there won't be much guessing involved although there is with the first one. I don't have a clue who the Jag is in this as it doesn't say in the caption either.

nn1ik7.jpg

George Smith?

Looks like George Smith to me too although it might just be Joe McBride.

Airdrie at Firhill 30 Dec 1961? . A 1-0 win.

Gray Hogan Brown Harvey McKinnon Cunningham Ewing McBRIDE Smith Duffy McParland

That line-up got me thinking: Billy Cunningham was a bit of a stalwart throughout the 60s. Never really a star, but a dependable and versatile player. The official history book has him down as playing 305 games, scoring 33 goals. Does anybody know if he's in the Hall of Fame? If he's not, he certainly should be.

Mo Johnston v Dundee. He played 3 times against them but unless there are any advert spotters out there or anyone who can identify either of the Dundee players, can't narrow it down any further.

7/11/81 1-2 (H)

or

27/3/82 0-2 (H)

or

21/4/82 2-1 (A)

Jim Smith is one of the Dee's players