Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Jimmy McGowan receiving the Glasgow Cup on

26 March 1951 (3-2 v Celtic (after 1-1 draw)

or

29 September 1952 (3-1 v Rangers)

or

27 September 1954 (2-0 v Rangers).

Not much else to go on unless anyone recognises the gents in the suits.

All plausible but the credit on the photo dated it as 1953, So that might suggest the Glasgow Cup for season 1952-53

Alan Gordon scoring Hibs' first in the 2-0 cup defeat at Firhill in early 1972 - as I recall it co-incided with a deafening public address announcement!

Oops! I thought it was Colin Stein. I'm really no good at this game.

I think it was Alan Gordon that was attending university, a fact that prompted the famous Eddie Turnbull quote " Trouble with you, Gordon, all your brains are in yer heid!"

Oops! I thought it was Colin Stein. I'm really no good at this game.

I think it was Alan Gordon that was attending university, a fact that prompted the famous Eddie Turnbull quote " Trouble with you, Gordon, all your brains are in yer heid!"

Colin Stein transferred from Hibs to the defunctoids in 1968; a mere 4 years before the match in the picture.....!

Campbell, Glavin and McQuade. Looks like Arthur Duncan.

They played v Hibs 5 times at Firhill but the round neck top suggests 1971/72. That leaves 2 games. Since the Scottish Cup tie had double the crowd at the league game, going for...

5 February 1972. 0-2 defeat in the Scottish Cup.

Rough, Hansen, Forsyth, Glavin, Campbell, Strachan, Gibson, McQuade, Bone, A Rae, Lawrie. (T Rae.)

Herriot, Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton, Black, Blackley, Hamilton, O'Rourke, Gordon, Cropley, Duncan.

They played v Hibs 5 times at Firhill but the round neck top suggests 1971/72. That leaves 2 games. Since the Scottish Cup tie had double the crowd at the league game, going for...

Rough, Hansen, Forsyth, Glavin, Campbell, Strachan, Gibson, McQuade, Bone, A Rae, Lawrie. (T Rae.)

Herriot, Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton, Black, Blackley, Hamilton, O'Rourke, Gordon, Cropley, Duncan.

That's it, afk. Another of our many premature Scottish Cup capitulations, unfortunately.

It's definitely the Cup Game...it was a remarkable crowd...I think it was around 22,000.

I remember the deflation in the Thistle fans when the teams came out and we realised that Frank Coulston, who was a key man for us, was out injured...Hibs were a strong side then but in was another in a long line of early cup exits.

It's definitely the Cup Game...it was a remarkable crowd...I think it was around 22,000.

I remember the deflation in the Thistle fans when the teams came out and we realised that Frank Coulston, who was a key man for us, was out injured...Hibs were a strong side then but in was another in a long line of early cup exits.

Apart from Coulston that was the team that won the League Cup and Gibson was the sub for Glavin at Hampden so eleven out of the twelve legends were playing. Just shows the immense contribution Frank made to the team.

I'm counting 12 Scottish internationalists in that game!

I'm counting 12 Scottish internationalists in that game!

This is so sad but if you look at the Scotland Epistles website and go to the pen pics pages you will find Scotland history / profiles I have done on Brownlie, Cropley, Stanton and an Arthur Duncan one is on the opening page. Sadly I haven't got round to the Thistle players mentioned but there is a Johnny McKenzie one in there too.

http://scotlandepistles.com/