Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

I think this is after the game against Queens Park when we clinched the old Division 2 title in 1971 - I went with my father who was a QP supporter.

Top Row: Denis McQuade, Alan Rough, possibly Charlie Smith hidden, Ian Reid, Hugh Strachan, Jackie Husband

Bottom Row: Dave McParland, maybe John Gibson hidden, Bobby Gray Senior, Frank Coulston, Alex Rae, Ronnie Glavin, Jimmy Bone.

A high number of bona fide Thistle Legends in one photo!

Excellent. Maybe Donnie McKinnon behind Bobby Gray?

I think that particular picture was taken after the 1-1 draw with Arbroath at Firhill - when we clinched promotion rather than when we clinched the league.

As I recall we wore white that day (yellow against Queens I think) and Coulston (being "toasted" with orange juice in the picture!!) scored our goal - Frank did not score in the Queen's Park game.

I used to work in the office just to the left of the M in Maryhill and, before Willjag or GBU chip in, it was long after the demise of the horse tram!

Although, to be truthful, it was not that long after the demise of the electric trams!

I assume the bare-footed urchin must be the spawn of an OF fan who's spent all the family allowance on Buckie.

• Like 1

I used to work in the office just to the left of the M in Maryhill and, before Willjag or GBU chip in, it was long after the demise of the horse tram!

Although, to be truthful, it was not that long after the demise of the electric trams!

I assume the bare-footed urchin must be the spawn of an OF fan who's spent all the family allowance on Buckie.

It's a brilliant set of clothes that the weans are wearing.

Actually, the whole card looks kind of photoshopped.