Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Jaggernaut, did you check the slip of paper that has all the typos, incorrect stats that came with the book? Perhaps it's been corrected on there?

Thanks, Willjag; I was unaware of the existence of such a document. The copy of the OH that I use doesn't have that slip!

If anybody would be so kind as to scan it, I would much appreciate it.

The goalie is quite easy to recognise in this one; more difficult to name the other players.

Interesting photo - a new floodlight pylon along with the old floodlights still on the roof of the shed.

photo.jpg

The old lights remained on the roof of The Shed until it was demolished iirc

Is that Billy Cunningham far right, back row?

He played over 300 matches for us in the sixties. Is he in the Hall of Fame? If not, he should be.

Yeah, it's The Twigg. Pretty sure Sandy Brown and George Muir are in there as well which makes is strange that I don't recognise anyone else in the photo as Muir, Brown and Cunningham were all players that I remember well when my dad started taking me to Firhill.

Edited by Lindau

Yeah, it's The Twigg. Pretty sure Sandy Brown and George Muir are in there as well which makes is strange that I don't recognise anyone else in the photo as Muir, Brown and Cunningham were all players that I remember well when my dad started taking me to Firhill.

Muir first on the left, back row, and Brown third from the right, back row?

The player second from the right, front row looks like "Fletcher" from the 60-61 season squad photo. Strange that there's no McParland, McKinnon etc. Could this be a reserve squad?

The player second from the right, front row looks like "Fletcher" from the 60-61 season squad photo. Strange that there's no McParland, McKinnon etc. Could this be a reserve squad?

That's what I thought Jagger. I do remember in my early days a pre season game used to involve the first team playing the second team. Wonder if that is one of those occasions?

Is that Billy Cunningham far right, back row?

He played over 300 matches for us in the sixties. Is he in the Hall of Fame? If not, he should be.

That's what I thought Jagger. I do remember in my early days a pre season game used to involve the first team playing the second team. Wonder if that is one of those occasions?

Johnny Mackenzie first left, front row?

Agree Muir, Cunningham.

Very impressive guys. Where else but on this forum would one find such depth of knowledge?

• Like 1