Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Maxwell and Harkins were only at the club for one season together, and Maxwell didn't play in the 2nd QoS away game that year, which means it's a 2-0 defeat on 17/8/2008

Tuffey

Storey

Twaddle

McKeown (Roberts, 70)

Robertson

Maxwell

Lennon

Rowson (Chaplain, 36)

Gray (Paton, 46)

Donnelly

Harkins

No idea who the other pair of Thistle legs belongs to.

WOuld guess at Paul Burns, Craig Reid and Bob Harris for Queens

• Like 1

Maxwell and Harkins were only at the club for one season together, and Maxwell didn't play in the 2nd QoS away game that year, which means it's a 2-0 defeat on 17/8/2008

Tuffey

Storey

Twaddle

McKeown (Roberts, 70)

Robertson

Maxwell

Lennon

Rowson (Chaplain, 36)

Gray (Paton, 46)

Donnelly

Harkins

No idea who the other pair of Thistle legs belongs to.

WOuld guess at Paul Burns, Craig Reid and Bob Harris for Queens

I had the picture listed as 17th Aug 2008 but the BBC match report, reported the line-up slightly differently

Jimmy McGowan on the line.

I've a few pictures all from a game vs. Celtic (A) and no Thistle player is credited and it's a Thistle publication from 1948 !

Although I think it is a 2-1 win for us in January 1948. Jimmy McGowan was no2 & another picture looks like Jimmy Davidson who played too and Celtic keeper is listed as Miller who played.

Edited by stuthejag

Interesting photo. The Thistle players are all looking the same way (presumably towards the ball), a Kilmarnock player is taking a tumble and another is claiming something (a penalty?) The ref is looking in completely the opposite direction - presumably to the linesman. The more I stare at the photo I convince myself that the guy on the extreme right is Dan McLindon but he made is debut 3 weeks later so it can't be him.

Interesting photo. The Thistle players are all looking the same way (presumably towards the ball), a Kilmarnock player is taking a tumble and another is claiming something (a penalty?) The ref is looking in completely the opposite direction - presumably to the linesman. The more I stare at the photo I convince myself that the guy on the extreme right is Dan McLindon but he made is debut 3 weeks later so it can't be him.

Looks like the Killie player claiming might be coming down from a jump; Maybe the ball has come off the bar and Donnie McKinnon (unforgettable running style!) is determined to be the first to get there? The original caption says that a "late" tackle by Tinney "robbed" the Killie striker.

• Like 1