Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Only know a few in this but, not the best picture as Stu says.

Front middle there is Bobby Law, Willie McGuire, Eddie Gallagher and John Flood. Lex Grant third from left?

It certainly is Lex. Is that Workman or Archie McLean 2 along from him? Maybe McLean as it could be Workie between Law and McGuire

Fairly sure Gordon Whitelaw challenging what looks like George Farm but looks a rather big crowd for a game v QoS

You're right! And it can only be 9th of March, 1963..... A 0-1 defeat to QoS in front of 9,000.

That's the year we finished 3rd and so qualified for the old Fairs Cup, but our last home game of the season was against Falkirk, for which the Official History book gives a crowd of......only 1,000 ?????

Edited by Jaggernaut

You're right! And it can only be 9th of March, 1963..... A 0-1 defeat to QoS in front of 9,000.

That's the year we finished 3rd and so qualified for the old Fairs Cup, but our last home game of the season was against Falkirk, for which the Official History book gives a crowd of......only 1,000 ?????

That could be due to it being one of the worst winters in history. Months without a game and at the end of the season teams often playing three games a week. Could be match fatigue or purely being able to afford so many matches in such a short space of time.

• Like 1

That could be due to it being one of the worst winters in history. Months without a game and at the end of the season teams often playing three games a week. Could be match fatigue or purely being able to afford so many matches in such a short space of time.

Or perhaps the naysayers on here were more typical of the fanbase back then, and it was a protest at only coming third?

:)

Screen_Hunter_656_Sep._05_18.59.jpg

Not done too well with this, although there are a few that I recognise but can't name. That strip always thows me as well as I seem to remember us not playing a full season in it for some reason.

Donnie McKinnon, don't know, don't know, Kenny Watson, Colin McAdam, Ian Spittal, John Workman, Archie McLean, Alan Dinnie, don't know, John Mitchell, don't know, Ian McDonald

Willie McGuire, don't know, Bobby Law, Eddie Gallagher, Pat Kelly, Alan Logan, don't know (a Gibson?)

Can someone help put me out my misery? In between Spittal and Mitchell looks like John Brough?

1st Team Squad taken pre-season 1987

Donnie McKinnon, Budghie McGhie, Jack Raferty, Kenny Watson, Colin McAdam, Ian Spittal, John Workman, Archie McLean, Alan Dinnie, David Dolan (I think), John Mitchell, Hugh Lyden, Ian McDonald

Willie McGuire, Alan Pirrie, Bobby Law, Eddie Gallagher, Pat Kelly, Alan Logan, Glenn Graham

Donnie McKinnon, Budghie McGhie, Jack Raferty, Kenny Watson, Colin McAdam, Ian Spittal, John Workman, Archie McLean, Alan Dinnie, David Dolan (I think), John Mitchell, Hugh Lyden, Ian McDonald

Willie McGuire, Alan Pirrie, Bobby Law, Eddie Gallagher, Pat Kelly, Alan Logan, Glenn Graham

Did we really wear that top in 1987? It's certainly a much older top and I thought we went from the pale yellow Mortons Rolls strip to the Colonel Gee's one. I don't recall us wearing white shorts either, so is this a pre-season training photo?

Wow. That's embarrassing - I actually know Davie Dolan but didn't recognise him.

McGhie and Pirrie came back to me but I just can't remember Rafferty, Lyden or Glenn Graham.