Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

This and the Stats Watch threads are among the best things on the entire internet.

Does anyone know/remember the build up to the goal?

Looking at Ritchie's position, I'd guess he's either fumbled a shot or it's come back off the bar with the Celtic players following up for a tap-in. Am I close?

This and the Stats Watch threads are among the best things on the entire internet. Does anyone know/remember the build up to the goal? Looking at Ritchie's position, I'd guess he's either fumbled a shot or it's come back off the bar with the Celtic players following up for a tap-in. Am I close?

It's the overweight, done h u n Ritchie here; one of your two possible scenarios is undoubtedly correct.

• Like 1

Process of elimination given the players identified, it can only be 31 August 68 (League Cup 1-6) or 23 November 68 (SFL 0-4).

Hughes didn't score in the 1-6 game (Lennox scored 5) so it must be 23 November. He ran riot against injury-hit Thistle in a 4-0 romp. Photo looks like the first of Hughes' 2 goals. Herald says all he had to do was steer the ball into the net after Ritchie had parried a Johnstone shot in 14 minutes.

Ritchie, Campbell, McLindon, McParland, Gray, Hansen, Cunningham, Flanagan, Divers, Bone, Duncan. (Cumming.)

• Like 1

Process of elimination given the players identified, it can only be 31 August 68 (League Cup 1-6) or 23 November 68 (SFL 0-4).

Hughes didn't score in the 1-6 game (Lennox scored 5) so it must be 23 November. He ran riot against injury-hit Thistle in a 4-0 romp. Photo looks like the first of Hughes' 2 goals. Herald says all he had to do was steer the ball into the net after Ritchie had parried a Johnstone shot in 14 minutes.

Ritchie, Campbell, McLindon, McParland, Gray, Hansen, Cunningham, Flanagan, Divers, Bone, Duncan. (Cumming.)

Divers... another one (after Ritchie) that got me wondering as a youngster why Thistle appeared happy to give a wage to overweight, slow and past-it ex-two-erse players.

Funny how certain kits throw up certain games/players in your mind ....sure the Colonel Gees kit was sported at various humpings from Meadowbank (made worse by huge Scoreboard rubbing it in) and forward line of Lex Grant, Alan Logan and Gordon Dalziel .... welcome to the Wilderness Years !!

Edited by sick in the basin

Funny how certain kits throw up certain games/players in your mind ....sure the Colonel Gees kit was sported at various humpings from Meadowbank (made worse by huge Scoreboard rubbing it in) and forward line of Lex Shields, Alan Logan and Gordon Dalziel .... welcome to the Wilderness Years !!

Jeez, I was shuddering at the thought of Bryan Purdie but you've just come in and trumped it with a Lex Grant.

Bertie Auld enjoying a conversation with Glasgow's Finest. Pat Quinn in the dugout looking distant. Billy McNeil wondering whether to laugh or greet.

I wonder what triggered the conversation... maybe Bertie had the temerity to question an obviously offside decision against Thistle, or the referee's refusal to give a blatant penalty to Thistle.