Wishes For The New Year

The Sunnylaw Jag

Here are my wishes for the New Year, feel free to add yours. And all the best to everyone over the festive period.

1. That the Fat Lady will sing a wee bit earlier each week and we won't let in so many late goals.

2. A few quality players in, during the January window.

3. Gary Fraser to be called up for the Scotland Under 21 sqaud.

4. For someone from the development squad to step forward and become a regular in the team.

5. More people to buy Sick In The Basin and Scotland Epistles fanzines.

6. To finally pump St. Mirren at Firhill.

7. Points against Celtic and Dundee United early in the New Year.

8. St. Mirren beat Rangers in the Play offs at the end of the season.

9. My Tag membership thingy to work.

10. The return of The Mighty Quinn to the forum. I miss the big guy and hope he's doing okay.

I would add getting key players signed up for next season ..basically Osman, Higgy, McMillan and O'Donnell. Less concerned about Lawless, Elliot, Craigen and Balatoni though wouldn't mind if they signed - just think they'd be easier to replace.

So far Frans, Seagull, Bannigan, Fraser, Doolan and Stevenson are signed for next season - a very good core but Osman and Higgy in particular are needed.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Pretty sure Higgy won't sign. I suppose a lot will depend on how he plays second half of the season and what offers he gets but he says he is waiting until the summer to decide.

As much as I love Higgy, we have proven that we can play without him. Looking for a big 2nd part of the season from him as due to injury he really hasn't hit the ground this season. Abdul is a must as far as extensions go. He is the first I would like to see sign up for another two!

• Like 2

Pretty sure Higgy won't sign. I suppose a lot will depend on how he plays second half of the season and what offers he gets but he says he is waiting until the summer to decide.

I'll be gutted if and when he leaves. He's devastating when on form and in the mood, and even when he's not having his best game he always puts in a shift.

To add my list:

1. A new left-back (or the recall of Keenan if possible).

2. The return of a fully fit Sean Welsh.

3. A couple of Gary Fraser long-range thunderbolts to find the net.

4. McDaid to break into the team and make an impression.

5. The guy who sits to the right of me attends some anger management classes before he damages his health.

6. A win against Celtic, obviously.

7. Higgy signs on for another couple of seasons.

8. A decent cup of coffee at Firhill.

Got to agree that we need TMQ back, I do hope he is OK!

Apart from that and pretty much in this order.

1. Peace and quiet on here from the moaning folk about Archie and Craigen (folk are entitled to their opinion - just give it a rest we know you don't rate them). Although seriously! you actually think we are performing poorly under Archie and that his transfers have been rubbish? (that's rhetorical)

2. A win Vrs the East end mob would be nice, pass them off the pitch.

3. A similar win vrs Utd would be nice too - with a reminder to Chris from the fans ringing throughout that he should come home.

Apart from that it's been a pretty good year so far, just keep it up till the end of the season and I'll be happy.

Merry Christmas!

Thistle to stay up comfortably.

At least a point off Celtic.

A win vs Dundee United.

A win at mcdiarmid park for the first time in decades.

Us to score a late winner against somebody else after losing the first goal.

QoS to come up in the playoffs returning the best away day in Scottish football with added terracing.

yeah, and sevco to go bust.

Thistle to stay up comfortably.

At least a point off Celtic.

A win vs Dundee United.

A win at mcdiarmid park for the first time in decades.

Us to score a late winner against somebody else after losing the first goal.

QoS to come up in the playoffs returning the best away day in Scottish football with added terracing.

yeah, and sevco to go bust.

All of these with sleigh bells on!

stay with me here am about to ignore the sentiment in some posts above , I hope for the greater good.

Is the attached post from TSFM feasible? The last line of the mail, speculation that made my spine shiver.

happy holidays and a guid new year to all . top 6 finish , cup final and the hired psycho/trick cyclist to stop telling the players to let their mind go blank in the last 2 minutes of a fitba match.

from TSFM

howiemac says:

December 24, 2014 at 2:26 pm

I do find it hard to believe that the entire SFA board have suddenly and unanimously discovered some merit in sporting integrity….

I also find it hard to believe that Mike Ashley wants the existing incarnation of Rangers to survive. What he wants he already has in his pocket – the image and merchandising rights.

I suspect that the SFA “no” will suit Mike Ashley just fine. Did he really want to throw several unsecured millions of share capital into the RIFC financial black hole? Now he can liquidate whilst pointing the finger of blame at the SFA! Not allowed to put in equity, and no effective security available for further loans? Collect on his loan securities, and his IP contracts which have been carefully designed to survive liquidation…

And does it not seem likely that the Rangers establishment types have already changed course from sailing with the good ship Sevco to establishing a Third Rangers lifeboat fuelled by the limitless dignity of some “real Rangers men”? Hence yesterday’s unanimous “no”? After all, it was no less a “real Rangers man” than Donald Findley who publicly kicked off the current trend to disassociate Sevco and RIFC from the “true spirit of Rangersness” (okay, I paraphrase somewhat…)

After all, Sevco have Worthington’s claim hanging over their heads, and criminal investigations ongoing into their very founding. The immortal and eternal celestial entity that we know as Rangers now desperately needs a new body (with Scottish Premiership credentials appropriate to the dignity and history of the everlasting club) to replace the existing zombie one. If I were a fan of St Mirren I would be hoping for relegation to take them off the target list. And if I were a fan of Hamilton or Partick Thistle, I would be very wary of imminent possession…