Players Value

JaggyMad

Serious question I thought I would put out. After reading the hamilton chairmen's statement on the Hendry saga, and what he based his transfer valuation of his players, ie...age, appearances ect. It got me thinking.

Hendry is 20 and played 120 games for them,abait mostly in the 2nd tier. Minimum value..£2million

So what are some of our players worth. Of the top of my head banzo must have played more games, is a little older, and also has an under 21 cap same as Hendry. SOD as well falls into the same category minus the Scotland cap and maybe even Lawless. So after watching us destroy them last night, surely our players must be near what they are achieving cash wise for their players. Or is there something I'm missing about this hamilton team?

Has anyone seen the Hamilton lad play and thought 'what a player he is?' Probably not, so I don't get the valuation of him (or of some of the Falkirk boys who have been sold over the past few years) Young Andrew Robertson is different, you could see in the first game of last season he was very good

Hamilton now have a "name" for developing young players. This helps push prices up. We need some marque sales to get on that path.

I think that is true. I think too sometimes when you have a team on really good form, one or two players are pulled up by this and look better than they are. The best players will show up regardless.

I think that is true. I think too sometimes when you have a team on really good form, one or two players are pulled up by this and look better than they are. The best players will show up regardless.

They also have quite a shrewd guy in Ronnie McDonald who knows how to negotiate in this game and as stated above has used the success of previous sales to push the value forward of anyone who shows a bit of promise in a Hamilton top...his words on bbc on wed were interesting in that he said confidently he wouldn't let a guy like Hendrie go unless it was well in excess of £2m all in / add ons etc...

Get the impression that the player who is moving on in these circumstances really trusts that club as it actually feels like Hamilton do try and do right by them...that can't be bad when trying to keep players who may be moving out of contract and encouraging them to sign longer deals too...they know if they do show some loyalty they will get the right move when offers come in and the club will benefit too rather than losing out as a result of out of contract situations...

We should get Fraser signed up with another year added to his deal and have a decent sell on clause should he want to move, never stand in any players way but have an agreement which allows both parties to progress. He's an incredible talent and with us he just keeps getting better.

I'd also agree about several other players in our current squad and we should be protecting the clubs assets, a fee of any kind for the bridge and paton would have have been merited and the great thing is now that we are producing players that other clubs eye with envy. Credit due to McCall, Macnamara and Archie along Dinnie and the rest of the souting folk and volunteers working over the past few years.

With WeirThistle established too and achieving high quality recognition the future is looking good for the Jags.

Get the impression that the player who is moving on in these circumstances really trusts that club as it actually feels like Hamilton do try and do right by them...that can't be bad when trying to keep players who may be moving out of contract and encouraging them to sign longer deals too...they know if they do show some loyalty they will get the right move when offers come in and the club will benefit too rather than losing out as a result of out of contract situations...

Was going to post something like that myself after reading about some of their youngsters signing up for longer deals. That would be another good side to us getting our youth system running properly. If young players know we can develop them to the stage where a bigger club will sign them then more chance us getting to see them playing in the team for a couple of years before moving on.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Its fairly obvious. The hamilton boy has been with them since a youth. Fraser was with them too. SOD has been with us 3 years.

The only fair comparison is Banzo or someone like Keenan, Wilson etc.

My understanding is that Fraser has a release clause. Hamilton are at least 5 years ahead of us in this regard.

Its fairly obvious. The hamilton boy has been with them since a youth. Fraser was with them too. SOD has been with us 3 years.

My understanding is that Fraser has a release clause. Hamilton are at least 5 years ahead of us in this regard.

It seems to be that if you have been through the Accies academy you can add a 0 or two to what would be the standard transfer fee

• Like 1

I think it is around 20k per year per boy per year that eufa value they are worth in a transfer. So if Hendry had been there 5 yrs that still only equates to £100k. What I am saying/ asking is, the boy from hamilton doesn't look that good. We have SOD, Fraser, banzo, lawless,, all 23 or under, all over 100 games at a higher level than hamilton boys have been playing at, but we don't seem to have any offers anywhere near £1million never mind over £2million. Off the top of my head the last 2 offers we have recieved has been £50k for lawless when he had 1 yr left and £30k for SOD who has the same length of contract left as the hamilton boy. So what makes them valued so much higher?

I don't understand some of the valuations kicking around at all. There was an article earlier saying Hamilton had turned down £300k for Ziggy Gordon (18 months left on his contract). He's a class player but seriously? £300k? He's not massively better than Stephen O'Donnell (from what I've seen of them they are the same ballpark quality wise) and I'd be reasonably pleased if the Jags got £150k for SoD with that long left on his contract as long as we picked up someone doing a strong turn from the Scottish Championship or an English League One or Two side in to replace him.