Fill The North Stand

potty trained

FOREVER AND EVER – An Open Letter from the North Stand.

Near the end of Season 11/12 a small group of the guys who stood at the Shed in the Jackie Husband stand left the stadium in perhaps one of the lowest points in our lifetimes as Jags Fans.

Twenty or so folk, stuck in a small corner trying to make a bit of atmosphere, constantly hassled in an empty soulless stadium, struggling to let our voices be heard.

Matchday was simply dying and we were powerless to stop it happening.

That night over a pint we decided to do something about it – we approached Jim Alexander and he came straight to the Pub where we asked what could be done – a week later he met us along with Lance Gilmour and Ian Maxwell. The stadium layout was discussed, every possible solution suggested, but the one that stood out was the radical move of having the Singing Section in the North Stand(bearing in mind we only had about 20 people at this point so it was an ambitious plan).

When we started looking at moving the Shed to the North Stand we hoped for 50 or so fans to start with, and build to a few hundred – at the Morton promotion game nine months later it was full - 2500 Jags Fans in the North Stand -on a night we will never forget.

On the park our players have produced a style of Football not seen since the 71 Squad, managed by Thistle Legends Archie and Shaggy - they work miracles on a shoestring budget with a team of young guys.

We believe the Club is starting to build something special and a new era is beginning.

The Jackie Husband joins in the singing started in the North Stand and every Fan in the Stadium takes part in the BIG SHOUT OUT - including our Young Supporters – two stands – one supportone voice - every fan plays their part - simply magnificent – we have come a long way.

This Friday evening we have an exciting game against Saint Mirren which could help define our Season. We ask that you turn out in large numbers to celebrate the North Stand and get as many Fans (Old & Young) in it as possible, drag lapsed Jags fans and even non Jags fans along, get on Twitter, Facebook ,Text and help turn our belief into a reality.

Our Aim for Friday Night is very simple help fill the North Stand with as many Fans as possible and get behind our Players and Management Team for 90 minutes.

If the Jackie Husband is your preference try and get people to come to the game and witness the North Stand in full voice with the Jackie Husband Stand support singing by our side.

Thank you.

The North Stand

(This Friday as a one off there is no Age barrier in the North Stand – under twelves can sit in the Stand with a Parent.)

• Like 1

Further News Item on the Official Site:

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2014-2015/january_2015/fillthenorthstand

On Friday, lets get every up flag on the back wall of the North Stand, create a wall of noise and colour and support our team for every minute, every pass, every tackle.

St Mirren always travel in big numbers and will be doing everything they can to help get their team out the position they find themselves in. Lets put their gas on a peep, silence them.

Please though, no "you're just a sh!te Greenock Morton" 10 minutes in.... that seems to really piss them off and drive them on to give us a scudding! :lol:

• Like 2

It would be nice to see Firhill busier at games and don't know how the club can push on with crowds you seen at the Hamilton game.

Good to see Thistle trying to encourage more folk along with the £10 offer and hope it's not abused too much.

Edited by billko

FOREVER AND EVER – An Open Letter from the North Stand.

Near the end of Season 11/12 a small group of the guys who stood at the Shed in the Jackie Husband stand left the stadium in perhaps one of the lowest points in our lifetimes as Jags Fans.

Twenty or so folk, stuck in a small corner trying to make a bit of atmosphere, constantly hassled in an empty soulless stadium, struggling to let our voices be heard.

Matchday was simply dying and we were powerless to stop it happening.

That night over a pint we decided to do something about it – we approached Jim Alexander and he came straight to the Pub where we asked what could be done – a week later he met us along with Lance Gilmour and Ian Maxwell. The stadium layout was discussed, every possible solution suggested, but the one that stood out was the radical move of having the Singing Section in the North Stand(bearing in mind we only had about 20 people at this point so it was an ambitious plan).

When we started looking at moving the Shed to the North Stand we hoped for 50 or so fans to start with, and build to a few hundred – at the Morton promotion game nine months later it was full - 2500 Jags Fans in the North Stand -on a night we will never forget.

On the park our players have produced a style of Football not seen since the 71 Squad, managed by Thistle Legends Archie and Shaggy - they work miracles on a shoestring budget with a team of young guys.

We believe the Club is starting to build something special and a new era is beginning.

The Jackie Husband joins in the singing started in the North Stand and every Fan in the Stadium takes part in the BIG SHOUT OUT - including our Young Supporters – two stands – one supportone voice - every fan plays their part - simply magnificent – we have come a long way.

This Friday evening we have an exciting game against Saint Mirren which could help define our Season. We ask that you turn out in large numbers to celebrate the North Stand and get as many Fans (Old & Young) in it as possible, drag lapsed Jags fans and even non Jags fans along, get on Twitter, Facebook ,Text and help turn our belief into a reality.

Our Aim for Friday Night is very simple help fill the North Stand with as many Fans as possible and get behind our Players and Management Team for 90 minutes.

If the Jackie Husband is your preference try and get people to come to the game and witness the North Stand in full voice with the Jackie Husband Stand support singing by our side.

Thank you.

The North Stand

(This Friday as a one off there is no Age barrier in the North Stand – under twelves can sit in the Stand with a Parent.)

Fine speech! Got me in the mood now. I've not made many games recently but I think I'll try persuade the missus to go on Friday.

Last time we where in the North Stand beat hibs 3-1 last season was a great day! went nuts when Higgy scored :)

I'd like to include the tower in the design somehow. No rock I'm afraid. Ideally, a red'n'yellow saltire background (although there's maybe enough of them now) with a tower in the foreground with words of choice. I want to say 'Blackpool Supporters Branch', but that really would be the smallest branch we've got anywhere. 'Blackpool Jags' just sounds like a one man ego trip, so further suggestions are all welcome.

sound initiative thought up by the club(?) to try get north stand packed.

added to £10 discounted entry (hopefully not abused by regular patg fans), shaping up to be a great atmosphere. friday night under the firhill floodlights is usually special. let's hope the players are in the mood ala accies a couple of weeks ago, to ensure its not a damp squib.

New banner for the Thistle Support...

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...the_north_stand

nice one.

does this .....

Nearly two years on from that famous night the North Stand remains an integral part of the matchday experience at Firhill. It's home now not just to Jags fans but banners from places as diverse as Jordanhill and Amsterdam, that proudly display their support for our Club

..... mean the club will now accept the ns should be inhabited for all thistle games by home supporters? or does the abovementioned matchday experience only count or matter when not playing another glasgow club?

• Like 1

I'd like to include the tower in the design somehow. No rock I'm afraid. Ideally, a red'n'yellow saltire background (although there's maybe enough of them now) with a tower in the foreground with words of choice. I want to say 'Blackpool Supporters Branch', but that really would be the smallest branch we've got anywhere. 'Blackpool Jags' just sounds like a one man ego trip, so further suggestions are all welcome.

instead of r&y saltire background, why not a r&y st g cross background? you only need to change the white to yellow and voila.

..... mean the club will now accept the ns should be inhabited for all thistle games by home supporters? or does the abovementioned matchday experience only count or matter when not playing another glasgow club?

Normal service will no doubt resume in the NS after Celtic's visit or should i also add any future Rangers visit.

Songs still start in the old JH.

But i think we could do with a really catchy new one. As the North Stand is now established I think we need one new good core song for the twenty first century. So come on Jags win the Scottish cup this year.

Edited by topcat

Songs still start in the old JH.

But i think we could do with a really catchy new one. As the North Stand is now established I think we need one new good core song for the twenty first century. So come on Jags win the Scottish cup this year.

Would love a Thistle... thistle... Thistle... Thistle alternating between both stands.

• Like 2