Kevin Nisbet

The Sunnylaw Jag

Ok ok so I got it wrong in the original title. I apologise, I will be more careful next time Yada- Jag.

wasn't getting at you specifically. snot just you funnylaw jug, plenty other posters and the ever reliable bbc thinking kevins a rab c descendant.

listed as nisbet in team line up

then mentioned twelve times in the first half commentary ..... every single time as nesbit :wacko:

nil nil half time.

aberdeen with andrew driver and goodwillie in their starting lineup ..... and paul sheerin on the subs bench!!! .... is this the same paul sheerin who must be well into his forties by now?

bit late to develop him surely?

He's their U-20 manager.

I see we just conceded, 17 secs into the 2nd half. Having dominated the 1st. Same old...

and he's listed himself as a sub? are aberdeen struggling that much for numbers to fill their development squad?

saw that. awaits the comeback .....

listed as nisbet in team line up

then mentioned twelve times in the first half commentary ..... every single time as nesbit :wacko:

:lol: :lol:

see the person doing the match commentary has now changed all nesbit references to nisbet now. well done. better late than never.

From our perspective, the development loan is great but I don't know how pleased I would be if I was the manager of a lower league team who had signed a player (and one who seems to have had such an impact like Nisbet has at East Stirling) who was playing 90 minutes elsewhere in between games. The players will love it but it's hard to imagine that today's game won't have some kind of effect (tiredness, both physically and mentally) on Nisbet ahead of East Stirling's fixture at the weekend.

From our perspective, the development loan is great but I don't know how pleased I would be if I was the manager of a lower league team who had signed a player (and one who seems to have had such an impact like Nisbet has at East Stirling) who was playing 90 minutes elsewhere in between games. The players will love it but it's hard to imagine that today's game won't have some kind of effect (tiredness, both physically and mentally) on Nisbet ahead of East Stirling's fixture at the weekend.

I suppose tho' that's all part of the deal and I doubt East Stirling will have been paying anything towards his wages. But I agree it does seem a bit excessive. Initially I thought it was just a bit of insurance if Kevin wasn't getting enough game time with ES. And besides the deal was originally just for a month. Kinda ironic as prior to his loan I think the lad rarely played the full 90 mins (if ever) for the U20s.

Thinking of taking my son to East Stirlingshire game v Arbroath next weekend. He's always asking to go to different grounds so it's an opportunity to show him one of the smaller ones and see how good Nisbet is at the same time.

Will he still be there next week or was it only a one month deal?

So is anybody else going along to the game today?

Second division looks bizarre - 9 teams still in contention - admittedly 3 are a bit ahead but only one of them will go up automatically and the other two obviously nailed on for a play-off but the remaining 6 all have a chance at the last play off place - with only 5 games to go.

Kevin Nisbet looks like a real prospect. He was head and shoulders above any other East Stirlingshire player today. For one so young he is well developed physically and a very intelligent player.

He likes to play very centrally and I think he looks a lot like an old fashioned centre forward. Excellent touch, brings others in to the game well and reasonably good in the air.

Minor criticisms could be his timing of runs and he's maybe not the fastest. He's certainly not sluggish but I think if he can work on his speed a bit and keep developing we will have a really good player on our hands.

I would like to know what the guys who watch the development league games think of him as he doesn't seem to have a great scoring record so far.

Could have, and probably should have, added a second goal but for a good save from the keeper when he was one on one. However, his goal was a peach and worth travelling through for itself. Got the break if the ball off a defender, it sat up and he leathered an unstoppable shot in off the underside.

I don't want to get too carried away having seen the boy once but I am really looking forward to seeing him in a Jags strip. The Shire fans think he is great and expect him to be playing for us soon.

My son was singing in the car on the way home "He's one of our own.. He's one of our own..."

I would like to know what the guys who watch the development league games think of him as he doesn't seem to have a great scoring record so far.

Anytime I've seen Kevin I couldn't help to be impressed but I must admit to be very surprised to just how influential the lad has been with East Stirling. What I find near amazing is the lad is playing the full 90 mins every week. I'm open to correction but I doubt Nisbet has played many complete games, if any at all, for thr U20s. Strong tho' the lad is I'd have thought the physical aspect of playing competitive football even at League Two level would mean regular substitution.

Potentially perhaps Duggan and Nisbet could be real assets for the future but perhaps a bit early to make such a judgement.

Yes, probably too early.