2016 - 140 Years Of Ptfc

ian_mac

I like the idea of a planned gathering. After the first home game of the season, we head of to an exclusively booked pub function room, watch some jags related vids on a big screen, have some fundraising activities when we're all semi pished, add in a sprinkling of Jags legends from the past, Sir Robert Reid as M.C. for the evening, then about 10pm we head to The Taj Mahal (the restaurant, not the place in India) which has also been pre booked for the evening on behalf of all things Jaggy.

Those of a younger persuasion can then go on to a 'gentlemans club' in the early hours and enjoy watching some real diddies.

Admittedly the plan may need a little refinement, but I don't think it would be too hard to organise, will be semi informal, and could raise a few pounds for lightbulbs for the floodlights etc.

Not entirely related but rather than more flags we should fundraise to have the guy who painted the South Drive do some work in the North Stand concourse. Or get murals for the North Stand windbreakers, like Falkirk have.

Excellent idea.

They would of course get vandalised any time the NS gets used by away "supporters."

I think that's a great idea, Ian. I know of one elderly supporter, who for health and mobility reasons can't attend any longer. His first game was during WW2.

My Dads 1st game was around the 1944/1945 era when he was still a kid after my Granda (also a Jags fan) returned to Raeberry Street after losing his leg at the start of the war, glad to say we are now in the 4th generation of Jags fans in our family with my nephew regularly attending (was also a mascot last season), my brother attending, and my Dad still a ST holder who goes to 90% of home games. My Granda when he was alive always wanted to know the match report every Sunday when I used to go visit him, and was delighted when I finally got taken to my first game.

In the same row (or row behind) as my Dad is "Old Harry" a real gentleman, and must have some stories to tell of his years at Firhill, he was an ever present even for his senior years.

Mentioned this in another thread but I feel it deserves one of it's own.

2016 will mark the 140th anniversary of the club. It would be an ideal opportunity to really have a good few shindigs and celebrations to get some money in the coffers and comemorate what it means to support the jags. Would also be a great way to try and increase the home crowds. From memory we had at least 600 folk at the '71 party at hampden in 2011, which was a marvellous achievment. So the potential is there to pull off events like these. We could even have different events happening throughout the year appealing to different demographics and age groups. Would mean there was a constant stream of income coming in to the club throughout the year. We really could make the most of this if we plan far enough in advance.

Would be interested to hear other peoples thoughts. Is this something people would get excited about or is it just another year?

Great idea, Ian. Let's celebrate all things Thistle, we have a wonderful history to be proud of.

I like the idea of something that appeals to the younger supporters but also honours the older ones. I'm in awe of those fans who have come through the gates for more years than I have been alive.

A limited edition 140th third strip, like the 125th silver one but better, would be a great idea.

My Dads 1st game was around the 1944/1945 era when he was still a kid after my Granda (also a Jags fan) returned to Raeberry Street after losing his leg at the start of the war, glad to say we are now in the 4th generation of Jags fans in our family with my nephew regularly attending (was also a mascot last season), my brother attending, and my Dad still a ST holder who goes to 90% of home games. My Granda when he was alive always wanted to know the match report every Sunday when I used to go visit him, and was delighted when I finally got taken to my first game.

In the same row (or row behind) as my Dad is "Old Harry" a real gentleman, and must have some stories to tell of his years at Firhill, he was an ever present even for his senior years.

That's one thoroughbred Jags family!