Play-Off Cash Distribution

read'n'yell

My heid's split with this one. I'm on sevco's side to the point of principle that no governing body should be able to tell an independent business what to charge its customers. In this case they're just making the cost of a season ticket better value. On the other hand if you view these games as cup fixtures then there's no way that pricing should differ between opponents with one party effectively reducing the kitty.

Yeta Another Doncaster mess.

The rules are the rules, they're set out at the start and nobody is above them. They should apply to everyone.

That is the case in normal life...

However in the world of the SPFL they're not really rules, just a bunch of stuff that's maybe been written down sometime, to be used occasionally but to be changed whenever it suits. You have to have them, so you can pretend that you have some sort of organisation, but they're not really real.

If the SPFL said yes to Hibs last season and are saying no to Sevco this season, without anything having changed in terms of how the money is being used/other courses of income to supplement this, then I can fully see Sevco's (and Hibs') point - it looks like the SPFL is simply trying to milk them of some additional money.

The rules are the rules, they're set out at the start and nobody is above them. They should apply to everyone. That is the case in normal life... However in the world of the SPFL they're not really rules, just a bunch of stuff that's maybe been written down sometime, to be used occasionally but to be changed whenever it suits. You have to have them, so you can pretend that you have some sort of organisation, but they're not really real.

We know that ourselves from bitter experience in the past (OK it was the SPL then but same rubber rules apply).

There is another issue here,though. The income from these playoff games is supposed to be distributed amongst all the clubs in the 4 divisions, right ? So in effect the SPFL were giving Hibs a boost at the expense of all the other clubs. Or have I missed something ?

No, that's right, as far as I can see. Not sure why. Also not sure who makes these decisions. Aren't the club's effectively in control?