Would You.......

thebiglemon

go to Ibrox to support QoS, Hibs, Falkirk or Motherwell v. Sevco in the play-offs

I would, especially if it was a second leg with the tie level or Sevco behind

Maybe someone can clarify this but I think Motherwell would always play at home in a play-off final second leg match v the team from the Championship. Just as Hibs did at Easter Road last season although not even a 2-0 win from the first leg was enough.

Unlike last season, even the team in fourth place now, QOTS, have a good chance of being promoted as they seem to have hit good form in the right moment. But it would nice to see Hibbees going and winning at Ibrox for the third time in the same season.

• Like 1

In the "olden days" when going to a game as a neutral was more financially viable in terms of admission money it was, I suspect, commonplace for people to go along to any old local game. Personally I found that in so doing you naturally ended up supporting one team over the other.

I frequently went to Kilbowie to see Clydebank as well as Boghead to watch Dumbarton - strangely I always wanted Clydebank to win (a particular favourite evening was the 2-1 win over the then "champions" Aberdeen) but was far less interested in seeing a Dumbarton victory (a 5-1 Falkirk victory was memorable as I recall). Although strangely I now am more inclined toward Dumbarton as a team I would prefer to see winning rather than losing, and sadly the Bankies are no more.

I even went to a Celtic v. China friendly game and a Celtic v. Partizan Tirana European game - needless to say I did not see my preferred side win on either occasion - although Tirana led 1-0 at half-time. I also recollect going to Ibrox to see the odd match - I remember seeing Clyde cheated out of a point by a soft penalty award and I did see an Arbroath game at Ibrox but sadly not the famous Arbroath victory. I have not seen the replacement Ibrox home team since Rangers went defunct however.

I suppose the most memorable, best and indeed saddest of all was the Third Lanark v. Clydebank game on April 15 1967 - the only time I saw Thirds and their last ever victory (1-0). Scotland also beat England 3-2 at Wembley that day and I recall the general glee amongst the very small gathering at Cathkin as news filtered through on the "portable wirelesses"!!

• Like 1

In the "olden days" when going to a game as a neutral was more financially viable in terms of admission money it was, I suspect, commonplace for people to go along to any old local game. Personally I found that in so doing you naturally ended up supporting one team over the other.

I frequently went to Kilbowie to see Clydebank as well as Boghead to watch Dumbarton - strangely I always wanted Clydebank to win (a particular favourite evening was the 2-1 win over the then "champions" Aberdeen) but was far less interested in seeing a Dumbarton victory (a 5-1 Falkirk victory was memorable as I recall). Although strangely I now am more inclined toward Dumbarton as a team I would prefer to see winning rather than losing, and sadly the Bankies are no more.

I even went to a Celtic v. China friendly game and a Celtic v. Partizan Tirana European game - needless to say I did not see my preferred side win on either occasion - although Tirana led 1-0 at half-time. I also recollect going to Ibrox to see the odd match - I remember seeing Clyde cheated out of a point by a soft penalty award and I did see an Arbroath game at Ibrox but sadly not the famous Arbroath victory. I have not seen the replacement Ibrox home team since Rangers went defunct however.

I suppose the most memorable, best and indeed saddest of all was the Third Lanark v. Clydebank game on April 15 1967 - the only time I saw Thirds and their last ever victory (1-0). Scotland also beat England 3-2 at Wembley that day and I recall the general glee amongst the very small gathering at Cathkin as news filtered through on the "portable wirelesses"!!

Quite a few Bankies fans would dispute that!

Quite a few Bankies fans would dispute that!

True - but all Bankies would not dispute the fact that they ceased to be in a senior sense and that there was no "amalgamation" purely a take over dressed up as an amalgamation to preserve a league position.

In the junior sense you are, of course, correct and i have seen the junior equivalent on a couple of occasions - true I wanted them to win but, to be honest, it wasn't the same.

True - but all Bankies would not dispute the fact that they ceased to be in a senior sense and that there was no "amalgamation" purely a take over dressed up as an amalgamation to preserve a league position.

In the junior sense you are, of course, correct and i have seen the junior equivalent on a couple of occasions - true I wanted them to win but, to be honest, it wasn't the same.

I've been to plenty of Bankies games both when they were a senior team and as a junior team. Of course it's not the same but when they played at Glenhead in Duntocher it was great fun (Jean Yves-Anis played with them) but less so sharing with Yoker. They are supposed to be getting a new ground in Faifley or something which will be good.

S E R I O U S L Y :lol:

0.jpg

Yes seriously (though I might decide it was too much cash or I'd have no one to go with and not bother).

Football is about supporting your team through thick and (mostly) thin but it's also about rivalry and enjoying the humiliations of your fiercest rivals.

Schadenfreude.....

Yes seriously (though I might decide it was too much cash or I'd have no one to go with and not bother).

Football is about supporting your team through thick and (mostly) thin but it's also about rivalry and enjoying the humiliations of your fiercest rivals.

Schadenfreude.....

So this so called "new team" are your fiercest rivals now?

To stay on topic and answer the question, No i wouldn't

Went along to see Hibs play Airdrie in the playoff in 98 (?) as I was living in Edinburgh and had a lot of Hibs supporters as mates. It was OK but not nearly as good as watching Thistle beat (either of) them. Went along to Hampden earlier this year to see QP take on Clyde. It was OK, but not nearly as good as watching Thistle beat them. And there was no way I could join in them singing 'one team in Glasgow'. Moral - however much you like or dislike another team, it's never as good as watching Thistle.

• Like 1

I've been once to that dump outwith The Jags. It was around 20 years ago against Hearts. We weren't playing that day and the Jambos were on one of their great runs that happen once in a blue moon. It might even have been a cup game. Anyway, it was a good day out as the Jamdos won 2-0 I think. Good fun winding up the knuckle draggers.