Ross County On Saturday

Highlandjag

What a fantastic result! It has been a magnificent last couple of months since the 3-1 defeat at home to county. After that game I recall posting that I thought Archie should go, a comment made albeit when emotion was running high from that debacle. Happy to retract that statement!

I was at that game too and well pissed off at the shambles we witnessed but it wasn't typical and since then we have really been reaching our true potential.

3 on the bounce next week????? As always v. St Mirren it will be about attitude as there is no doubt about who has the best players

I have a good feeling about this one and County are due a defeat. I hope we bring a good support as Dingwall is a great day out and at this time of the year the journey up from Glasgow should be enjoyable although the current good weather is due to change at the week-end with some showers. The team I would go for is:

...................Fox............

SOD..Frans..Balatoni..Booth

..........Osman......Bannigan

Lawless......Stevenson......Higginbotham

..................Taylor..........

Final score 2-1 jags with Taylor and Lawless scoring.

What a shout

Motherwell dropping points tonight is a huge boost to extending our stay in the top flight.

Absolute worse case (4 Thistle defeats & 3 Motherwell wins) still leaves it in our own hands to stay up with a win on the last day of the season.

Now can we try and find an easier way please.....

So far, it looks like we are going for a very un-Thistle like way to see this out. Still a little bit to do, but 3 more points guarantees it (theoretically 2 but I am a worrier even with our massive GD advantage).

In fact, just matching Motherwell's result next week is enough.

We need to push on. I honestly think this team is as capable as any Thistle team I've seen in 30 years, and I'd really like to see them finish 7th or 8th. And I don't remember a run this good in the premier league.

As far as safety goes, I won't relax completely until it's a mathematical cert. County's run shows you can't take anything for granted.

Yesterday the sun came out and the gloom of our winter of discontent was banished

the team played with a style and verve of a group of players that had belief.

We owed RC that tanking

no failures in the team today, Higgy never gave up, his touch was great albeit some of passing was slack

It was great to see him and Lyle come out together after the final whistle.