Torn.....

Metz

My preference is either for Queen of the South to come up or for the Premier team to hold on, failing which Hibs going up. It would be very satisfying not just to see the South Side bawbags not go up, but also to have a really tough Championship next year.

Keeping Hibs down and seeing them joined by St Mirren, a Premier side and Falkirk would make it trickier for them to get up even at the second time of asking, both automatically and via the playoffs.

If they had to take a fifth season just to get into the top flight that's almost half a generation of Scottish football where other clubs have bedded in as better teams in terms of structure and competitiveness. Scottish football needs a weak Rangers.

• Like 2

Since Hibs and Sevco are likely to strengthen following promotion and would be favourites to finish above us next season then I’d prefer if they both stayed down. That’d leave one of QotS/Motherwell/St Mirren along with Killie, Accies and County who are unlikely to invest heavily and on current strength we are more than capable of finishing above.

Every year I say that it must be Killie's year for the drop but they always manage to wriggle out of it. That's 22 years of continuous top flight football for them. Quite remarkable. That said, Rugby Park is a complete graveyard and one of the least intimidating atmospheres in Scotland. They could probably do with a year or 2 in a lower league to reinvigorate their support.

don't tell leia, but the only torn on my mind is this .....

as for the op .....

motherwell to go down with st mirren, and take a two or three seasons before both back in premier league.

hibs to come up with their edinburgh neighbours.

next season, falkirk and qots to come up, killie and ross to go down and spend a similar two or three seasons out the premier.

Edited by yoda-jag

don't tell leia, but the only torn on my mind is this .....
as for the op ..... motherwell to go down with st mirren, and take a two or three seasons before both back in premier league. hibs to come up with their edinburgh neighbours. next season, falkirk and qots to come up, killie and ross to go down and spend a similar two or three seasons out the premier.

Killie and Ross !!!!! - Surely Celtic and Dundee Utd mean you do.

I really don't care who wins the play off as long as it isn't Sevco. There are two reasons for this.

1. I hate them. Fans of Rangers now support this club and insist on the continuity of history while showing no remorse for cheating people, many of them sole traders or small businesses, out of money. Lots of money.

2. The return of the Celtic v The Team That Plays In Blue At Ibrox fixture will cause the young and delicate shoots of rebirth of football in Scotland to wither.

The media will talk of nothing else because it believes, wrongly, that it is important.

Doncaster and his cronies will be relieved as they have proved to be totally inept at developing and promoting the game without this marquee fixture (4, 5 or 6 times a year).

Unfortunately, if Sevco fail in the play offs, the establishment will simply put the shutters up for another year (or two)(or as long as it takes) because they have no vision for the future of the game that doesn't involve this hatred filled tie.

• Like 1