Goal Of The Season

Andynptfc

Noticed O'Donnell's cracker up at Tannadice has been nominated for goal of the season on sky sports.

Definitely should stand a chance of winning if it wasn't a public vote and no doubt a celtic goal will end up winning.

Just watching it again i noticed it was made entirely of players who might not be here next season in higgy, taylor and sod. Wonder how hard it would be for us to keep all 3?

Noticed O'Donnell's cracker up at Tannadice has been nominated for goal of the season on sky sports.

Definitely should stand a chance of winning if it wasn't a public vote and no doubt a celtic goal will end up winning.

Just watching it again i noticed it was made entirely of players who might not be here next season in higgy, taylor and sod. Wonder how hard it would be for us to keep all 3?

Near impossible if you ask me. If one of them is here i'll be surprised, prob higgy?

Likewise. Mallan's shades it from SOD.

I've long thought there should always be two Goals of a Season. One for individual excellence and one for team merit. Actually in truth I haven't ever given it much thought but I always find it hard to compare team effort and individual effort.

Anyway football's a team game so SOD's goal should win it. :)

Funny how you see things from your owns team's point of view. Never even occurred to me that the County goal was decent, never mind a goal of the season contender.

Guess we all watch the game with red & yellow tinted vision. Agree totally with LIB's comments about separate categories for individual and "team" goals to celebrate the best of both aspects of the beautiful game.

Also agree the Mallan one is terrific but anyway will give SOD my jaggy vote(s) from all available devices in the house wearing the special glasses!

ps watching the goal again reminded me a bit of Gerry's goal at Dens some years back so had a wee revisit of a great night in Dundee

ps watching the goal again reminded me a bit of Gerry's goal at Dens some years back so had a wee revisit of a great night in Dundee

I just watched that clip again in its entirety. It was actually a brilliant match, with plenty of good chances at both ends, "pithy" challenges, needle, great individual skills and teamwork....

To be honest I was never Kenny Arthur's greatest fan, but he played a blinder that night with some terrific saves. Wee Paul Walker was showing the type of performance that we appreciate in an on-form Lawless these days. Flea, Banjo, Danny Lennon, the King of Spain..... all playing for the jersey and out of their skins. And the big Thistle support was just brilliant.