Making My Point On 'off The Ball'

Drew37

So as per typical we never get press, never mind good or bad, we just get blanked a lot.

We have had a good season in my opinion...when things got tough a few weeks ago we really stepped up and the last 7 games read W5, D1 and L1 (Celtic). The commentator on the SPFL youtube highlights of the game said it was the first time we have won 3 games in a row in 20 years. (Top tier?).

So driving home yesterday I put a call into Tam and Stuart on 'Off the ball'....I was first on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b05stmqh

If the link does not work then just google BBC off the ball Iplayer.

My call starts at around 9.30 in.

I think I made the point and even got Graham Spiers to concede!.

Edited by Drew37
  • Like 5

So as per typical we never get press, never mind good or bad, we just get blanked a lot.

We have had a good season in my opinion...when things got tough a few weeks ago we really stepped up and the last 7 games read W5, D1 and L1 (Celtic). The commentator on the SPFL youtube highlights of the game said it was the first time we have won 3 games in a row in 20 years. (Top tier?).

So driving home yesterday I put a call into Tam and Stuart on 'Off the ball'....I was first on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b05stmqh

If the link does not work then just google BBC off the ball Iplayer.

My call starts at around 9.30 in.

I think I made the point and even got Graham Spiers to concede!.

Legend!

You are right in-so-far-as the twin "gob-******s" and Spiers admit that we have gone "under the radar" - when compared to the revival of Ross, the decline of Motherwell and the demise of St Mirren - as well as the rise of Hamilton in the first part of the season and the schizophrenia of Kilmarnock. Couple this with the general obsession with Celtic and The Rangers and it's a miracle we get any coverage at all (see Radio Clyde as an example of this aspect of obsessive compulsive disorder).

Your points were well made and did elicit some admissions and provoke a general discussion on "who do you really support?". At least Tam and Stuart admitted that they would possibly not be on the radio if they didn't overtly support their "diddy" teams and Spiers too admitting to supporting a (thankfully now defunct) club strongly associated with intolerance and bigotry (albeit the new version seems to have taken up the intolerance and bigotry mantle with some alacrity).

Enjoyed the call!

Agree, it was a good call. The reason we've such a decent goal difference in comparison to our league position is down to us producing the occasional exceptional result. Each time we have one of those daft wins the media tend to report it as our opponents having a bad day at the office rather than giving us much credit. When we turned over both 'Well & County it was more about their good runs coming to an end. Nobody appears to have noticed our own fine run of games.

If tho' flying under the radar has in any way helped take pressure off us then it's not too bad to go unnoticed.

• Like 1

I think we should be thankful we are going unnoticed to be honest. The more media plaudits you get the more scouts you get at games trying to pinch players and the more chance you have of teams coming for your manager. I don't think we should be trying to draw attention to ourselves at all.

I personally don't give a toss that Chic Young and his mates aren't praising us. We all know we've got a great thing going just now and should just be enjoying it and trying to kick on.

• Like 2

I think we should be thankful we are going unnoticed to be honest. The more media plaudits you get the more scouts you get at games trying to pinch players and the more chance you have of teams coming for your manager. I don't think we should be trying to draw attention to ourselves at all.

I personally don't give a toss that Chic Young and his mates aren't praising us. We all know we've got a great thing going just now and should just be enjoying it and trying to kick on.

Agree with the above. I think the last thing we want to see is an exodus of talent for very little return. It really hacks me off to think that, for monetary reasons, we'd take whatever crumbs were thrown in our direction by the likes of Hibs. (Pretty sure someone suggested that they might have their eye on one or two players.)