Sevco Cast Offs

angry gaz

Rangers cast offs you mean ?

Everyone of them would walk into an SPL team and every one of them would improve our team - stop kidding yourselves

Fraser Foster? Jon Daly? Aye, right.

If every one of them would improve our team they wouldn't have got gubbed 6-1 by Motherwell.

I hope your next fishing expedition is more successful.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I am not sure whether any of this lot would improve our team, but I don't think Thistle as a club can automatically dismiss a player because they come from Rangers or Celtic. We have had some fantastic players in the past who have been deemed past it or not good enough by these 2.

I think it is fair to say that every single one of the players who took the bloated Sevco paypacket to drop down the Leagues - Black, Bell, Sheils, Templeton, Wallace, Boyd,etc - have enhanced their bank accounts but not their footballing careers. Several of them were at least under consideration for Scotland squads but they all seem to have gone back considerably as footballers.

I don't know if it is because they have been playing for so long at a lower level or the coaching and attitude at Ibrox have been poor but it's another entry in the Ledger for Scotland's Shame.

The difference is that Hibs over achieved by finishing 2nd and made steady progress as a team over the season. Stubbs is a young manager who was new in the job.

So it's a poor comparison.

If two teams perform (virtually) equally over a season, I don't know why you'd want to sign from the team that "over achieved" in doing so. Surely there's more potential for improvement from the players who underperformed.

We're not even signing first choice players from the over achieving team.

I think it's a reasonable comparison.

(By the way, I don't think I'd want any of them)