Realistic Transfer Targets

pink panther

I know there was a Greek club interested (AEK ?) so it could be that Conrad is having second thoughts about that one.

Alternatively he might have a number of trials lined up and he'll be looking for the best option.

Also, what people forget is that clubs can save money by not paying salary until the player is actually needed. The closer to the start of the season befre you have to pay wages the more money you can save, so he might have something lined up, but is just waiting for the contract to start.

Arrival of trialists imminent.

PartickThistle FC@ThistleTweet 3h

3 hours ago

The club is urgently looking for accommodation for players. Anyone with a flat or room to rent should call the club on 0141 579 1971

what makes you think it's for trialists?

Surely if it's trialists you'd put them in a Travel Lodge, student halls, or get their agent to organise something.

I'd suggest it's long term contracts.

Either way, it just further cements the fckin amateur level we operate at!

• Like 1

Surely if it's trialists you'd put them in a Travel Lodge, student halls, or get their agent to organise something.

Have to agree with this. I'm loathe to criticise the club but this is seriously amateurish. It seems to have now been deleted though.

It seemed more likely that they would put a trials up for a couple of weeks than expect a long term signing to bunk in a fan's spare room. Could be wrong. Embarrassing either way.

So no licence for George square........so let me get this straight..... club want to turn the square red and yellow we are coming off the back of the biggest pr stunt at the club possibly ever and the Mickey Mouse organisation that sells our strips doesn't think to apply for a licence to sell strips just for one day......you know captive audience and all that.....why are the strips on sale from 1pm at TTL that's no use George Sq might be full of Thistle supporters not Port Dundas

• Like 1

It seemed more likely that they would put a trials up for a couple of weeks than expect a long term signing to bunk in a fan's spare room. Could be wrong. Embarrassing either way.

When Stephen Pressley was a young player at Ibrox, he bunked in my mate's folks spare room.

It's not so much the need for rooms. It's the urgent nature. You just know Christie was on the blower to Maxi today... You know how I said to you about the lease in the flat being up, at the POTY night, well I'm on the street come the first, and my contract says I'm due accommodation.

So no licence for George square........so let me get this straight..... club want to turn the square red and yellow we are coming off the back of the biggest pr stunt at the club possibly ever and the Mickey Mouse organisation that sells our strips doesn't think to apply for a licence to sell strips just for one day......you know captive audience and all that.....why are the strips on sale from 1pm at TTL that's no use George Sq might be full of Thistle supporters not Port Dundas

How long do you think it takes to get a street traders licence?

Arrival of trialists imminent.

PartickThistle FC@ThistleTweet 3h

3 hours ago

The club is urgently looking for accommodation for players. Anyone with a flat or room to rent should call the club on 0141 579 1971

"So Archie why should I sign for the jags?"

"Great training set up, fluid football, cracking fans, so cracking in fact you'll be crashing on one of their sofas whilst your here"

This street traders license argument is ridiculous. I would like to think the club enquired about this when they asked permission to launch at George Square. Far easier to hold an event in George Square for a couple of hours (max) than applying for street traders licenses. I daresay that if people want to buy the strip, they will. I doubt very many people would decide to spend £40 on a Thistle top off the cuff just because a bunch of folk and a guy in a creepy suit are parading about with it. The biggest potential loss would be Kingsley tshirts, but I'm assuming/hoping flyers or the like will be made and handed out during it.

• Like 1

How Long do you think the George Sq thing has been in the planning and I know for a fact that it won't take that long especially if you go to the council on the back of the PR we have just had

I'd say it's been in the planning for 5 or 6 days. So how long would it take to get a licence?

Edited by potty trained