Have We Ever ?

Jaggy1967

Today took the biscuit for me. One solitary shot ( a header) from Liam all game against a team that we should be at the very least be competing with.

Liam Buchanun for what it is worth would have as well spent his afternoon at Cardwell Garden Centre picking flowers after being at the chippie for a fish supper! He was that bad. Expensive taxi awaits

Kris Doolan like so many before hm has a great start before settling in to Firhill mediocrity. Taxi awaits

Chris Erskine the taxi is still waiting, Hurry up don't let the door hit yer arse on the way out!

Grechan taxi

Paton your left leg is a peg, I am an electrician and if I don't have all my tools I have no job ! You can get into Erskine's taxi. He is heading your way.

Question for ian McCall

Plan A was gone halfway through last season and is still clearly gone !

What is plan B with the board ?

It's difficualt to state that this is the 'worst ever' when Slippers is still an all too recent memory.

Did slippers ever play with Craig Flannigan?

Or I'm sure Eddie McGuinness and Stephen Dallas played up front in an early season cup tie, did they not??

The thought of Scott Miller does give me nightmares though.

Not being there I can't comment on how bad we actually were, but we did beat one of the title challengers and a team flush with cash last week. Whether that was an anomaly or just an indication that we're the same as always (great one week, pish the next) remains to be seen. Roll on Cowdenbeath cause it's the last game I'll get to for a while and I've never been there! Oh, and another scarf for my collection :)

Edited by Craig-W

Not being there I can't comment on how bad we actually were, but we did beat one of the title challengers and a team flush with cash last week. Whether that was an anomaly or just an indication that we're the same as always (great one week, pish the next) remains to be seen. Roll on Cowdenbeath cause it's the last game I'll get to for a while and I've never been there! Oh, and another scarf for my collection :)

We weren't very good, but then again we frequently aren't.

I've said I would give the manager to christmas before I would judge, but so far he isn't inspiring me.

Based on last seasons, second half form, he doesn't seemed to have learnt, how to change things, in the face of adversity, to our advantage, something I would argue he was capable of in his first season with us.

Why, only he could tell us, but I don't fully buy, the lack of funds as the reason. He has been backed by the board as others have pointed out, but some of his signings just haven't worked out.

We weren't very good, but then again we frequently aren't.

I've said I would give the manager to christmas before I would judge, but so far he isn't inspiring me.

Based on last seasons, second half form, he doesn't seemed to have learnt, how to change things, in the face of adversity, to our advantage, something I would argue he was capable of in his first season with us.Why, only he could tell us, but I don't fully buy, the lack of funds as the reason. He has been backed by the board as others have pointed out, but some of his signings just haven't worked out.

Didn't notice then that at half time he changed it from 5-3-2 to 4-4-2 !

Its the defence who are the main problem which is why I cant believe McCalls post match comments that the defence shouldn't be held to account for yesterdays performance. Paul Paton is possibly the worst full back I have ever seen at the club - and I've been going for 22 years now. We are basically a player down as he merely punst possesion back to the oppositions back line for them to start again and by doing this it forces or forwards to feed on scraps and the game to bypass our midfield. Paddy Boyle also seems inconsistent and like Paton fails to take on any player when running with the ball. The centre backs also haven't been to clever but with back up like Kinniburgh we can't afford to even think of replacing them.

The forward line are feeding on scraps every week which is why for the past 6 months our team are lucky to have more than 2 shots at goal when we play and its getting frustrating that McCall fails to address this problem.

Its the defence who are the main problem which is why I cant believe McCalls post match comments that the defence shouldn't be held to account for yesterdays performance. Paul Paton is possibly the worst full back I have ever seen at the club - and I've been going for 22 years now. We are basically a player down as he merely punst possesion back to the oppositions back line for them to start again and by doing this it forces or forwards to feed on scraps and the game to bypass our midfield. Paddy Boyle also seems inconsistent and like Paton fails to take on any player when running with the ball. The centre backs also haven't been to clever but with back up like Kinniburgh we can't afford to even think of replacing them.

The forward line are feeding on scraps every week which is why for the past 6 months our team are lucky to have more than 2 shots at goal when we play and its getting frustrating that McCall fails to address this problem.

Sorry can't agree with that and in a way you sort of contradict yourself with your very last sentence, which would hold the midfield to blame. The defence is prone to errors and suffers from immobility but the major fault lies in our not scoring. Whether that's down to lack of service from midfield or blatantly poor finishing is another matter. Btw I put it down to both.

The number of 0-1 defeats surely suggests that the major problem lies in attack? Yesterday, if you can accept the 2nd goal was freakish and may not have crossed the line in any case, was typical fare. Powder puff finishing, missed target attempt from Liam, no balls in from wide positions and no positive midfield service was all too familiar.

As to have we ever had such a pathetic forward line? Yes, and sadly all too often. Howzabout Ramon, Hinds & One for starters?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Today took the biscuit for me. One solitary shot ( a header) from Liam all game against a team that we should be at the very least be competing with.

Liam Buchanun for what it is worth would have as well spent his afternoon at Cardwell Garden Centre picking flowers after being at the chippie for a fish supper! He was that bad. Expensive taxi awaits

Kris Doolan like so many before hm has a great start before settling in to Firhill mediocrity. Taxi awaits

Chris Erskine the taxi is still waiting, Hurry up don't let the door hit yer arse on the way out!

Grechan taxi

Paton your left leg is a peg, I am an electrician and if I don't have all my tools I have no job ! You can get into Erskine's taxi. He is heading your way.

Question for ian McCall

Plan A was gone halfway through last season and is still clearly gone !

What is plan B with the board ?

Have to say in the last number of years we have had a number of poor forward lines. Callaghan was probably the worst i've seen in a thistle jersey.

I don't think any of the guys we have just now would come close to being in my list of worst forwards ive seen at firhill.

i've commented elsewhere my views on liam so won't repeat them here. sid has been a fine servant, not an out and out goal scorer, granted, but he wasn't brought to the club for that. Dools has struggled with the step up from the jnrs and Grehan has only turned full time since joining us......im willing to give them both more time.

We've had worse forwards ,no doubt, but i'm not sure if I've ever, in forty odd years of watching , seen a Thistle team less likley to score a goal in a game in any division.The forwards get basically zero servive from the back forward.Erskine was the only player who thought of getting to the by-line the rest simply punted hopefull balls up in the air and back to the opposition.Paul Paton will be the reason I stop watching Partick Thistle,he gives the ball to opposing players more than their own players do.I am baffled why a manager sits and watches that every week and fails to either drop the ***** or improve his game.I'M GIVING IT THREE MORE WEEKS AND IF THAT DIDDY IS STILL IN THE TEAM IM CHUCKING IT.I'm a Jags fan from the womb and have now reached the end of paying money for that utter garbage.I watched the whole of the second half at Greenock with my head in my hands and through my fingers,is that really what supporting your team should be about.Still ragin' at the whole attitude of players and managment's complete tactical and motavational ineptitude.

How many goals will we score this season? Under twenty is quite possible.I remember we used to have forwards that would score that on their own.If one of the promoted teams gets their act together we are lookng at a play off spot.

Anything less than 6 points from the next two games, will not be acceptable for me.

If this team cannot go and take six points, from six pointers against part-timers then we are in major trouble. We finish the quarter with some bloody tough games too.

I thought that Doolan looked the sharpest of the three strikers. Has he ever been given a decent run in thr team.

erty13

I suppose his loan spell at Clyde was the equivalent when he got a run of about 9 or 10 games. Reports from Broadwood were generally in praise of his work rate, the runs he made and all round effort but he didn't score and missed sitters.

That was a division below. Whether he'd be more effective in Div 1, where in theory he'd be playing alongside more accomplished players (ha!), is open to debate. I agree he usually looks sharp enough and might be worth a run. He is after all getting kept out the side by other non scorers. :(

Anything less than 6 points from the next two games, will not be acceptable for me.

If this team cannot go and take six points, from six pointers against part-timers then we are in major trouble. We finish the quarter with some bloody tough games too.

I think 2 out of the next 3 games are actually cup games though I maybe be wrong. Cant see us getting anything against Falkirk in the cup and Im afraid if yesterday is to go by we could easily lose to Cowdenbeath, Ayr United and Stirling