Robbie Muirhead

Mediocre Pundit

Thought Muirhead looked good before he started to tire in the second half (Shame he hasn't got a right foot....but neither does Arjen Robben so there is hope for him yet)

Wouldn't say that Dumbaya was a stand out....didn't do much wrong but didn't do anything above and beyond.

Two solid debuts but feel that it was harsh to drop Miller.

Without a doubt hardh on Miller. I've been a huge fan of his since his arrival and thought he had his best game against Aberdeen.

But the new lad looks a great find. Bags of confidence and ability.

We now have two great right backs.

I don't know enough about Muirhead to know his favoured position. But I'd guess he can play anywhere in a front 4 in our formation.

The Cup is only one of two posters on my "ignore" list. Sadly not the case on my phone or of course when someone else quotes him/her, but that's a different matter.

This fans forum like all other similar fora has by design its faults but we've all seen how effective and positive it can be. I'm referring to the likes of today's Save the Children appeal and the recent/current player shirt sponsorships. Because of that in my mind it's well worth tolerating the occasional troll and sad individual. So easy to get sucked down to their sad level. **** em

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2

You could see yesterday that he has ability. I thought he had a good first half and agree that he tired in the 2nd.

Once he gets to know his team mates a bit better and gets his fitness up I think he will be a ln important player for us. I think there's real potential for him to start linking up with the likes of doolan and lawless in the same way that erskine used to do.

Thought Muirhead had a great game, was also unlucky not to have scored at least one or two of the three goals to meet The Cup's standards. If he didn't tire then he would've challenged Dumbuya for man of the match. Not been a fan of Miller this season, however I thought the Aberdeen game was his best so far this season and when I saw the teams on Saturday I thought it was harsh that he was dropped but I thought Dumbuya was excellent. More of a SOD-type player which we've been sorely lacking. Given that he isn't even fully match fit (apparently), hopefully both he and Muirhead get better once they get bedded in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think he can recall him but he'd be unable to play until Jan. (I think).

That makes sense but it'll be in the finer points of the contract. We could play Nisbet in the U20s last season even tho' he was out on loan to another club, which I thought was kinda unusual. As we're now all under the same umbrella I think that shows there'll be flexibility re loan contracts. I would think a recall still unlikely but if I was appointed manager for United, especially out of left field, I might be querying why one of our strikers/forwards was playing for our relegation rivals

That makes sense but it'll be in the finer points of the contract. We could play Nisbet in the U20s last season even tho' he was out on loan to another club, which I thought was kinda unusual. As we're now all under the same umbrella I think that shows there'll be flexibility re loan contracts. I would think a recall still unlikely but if I was appointed manager for United, especially out of left field, I might be querying why one of our strikers/forwards was playing for our relegation rivals

Kevin Nisbet was loaned to East Stirlingshire as a "Development Loan". This meant that he was able to play for East Stirling and Thistle's development side as long as there was a 48 hour gap between games.

I'm not sure Robbie Muirhead would be on one of these loans.