Archie

Jagsman

If that's me your talking about , I didn't talk about the formation.

No you didn't. What you said was...

If Archie continues with the same recipe he's using we will finish bottom. Does anyone else seriously think playing a system that is getting no more than two shots on target a game will stave off relegation.

So if that's not formation and/or tactics. Which I mentioned... What did you mean?

I take it your assessment of board ambition is they put chunks of cash into the team? Not going to happen we don't have a benevolent board we've got a sensible one that try's to live within their means we need to provide the cash to get the flare/ depth in the squad.i know this isn't pallatible particularly when Hamilton are doing ok but we need to use them as a model and strive for better. They aren't great but pick up results and don't even think of telling me they have better manager.

Obviously running up debt is not the way forward and I did not suggest that.

However, I am questioning why they have slashed the budget when there is additional income coming in. if we go down this year, with Rangers coming up, we will lose out on £000's and the club will be in real jeopardy. When the board announce the financial results for 2015/2016 we could be sitting in League 1. Is that what you want?

Hamilton enjoyed substantial windfalls selling players they had brought through. We haven't had that luxury. They're still living off that.

And I think it's clear that Alex Neil is a better manager, considering that he's now in the EPL.

Obviously running up debt is not the way forward and I did not suggest that.

However, I am questioning why they have slashed the budget when there is additional income coming in. if we go down this year, with Rangers coming up, we will lose out on £000's and the club will be in real jeopardy. When the board announce the financial results for 2015/2016 we could be sitting in League 1. Is that what you want?

Hamilton enjoyed substantial windfalls selling players they had brought through. We haven't had that luxury. They're still living off that.

And I think it's clear that Alex Neil is a better manager, considering that he's now in the EPL.

I think the problem you face is, generally, we no longer have a fanbase willing to, or motivated to ask these sort of questions.

We have accounts ready to be published, that will show a loss whilst surviving and then improving in the top league.

Is there any shareholder willing to stand up when those accounts are published and say... "Cut the crap, where's the money gone."

Because, as sure as there's shit in a cat. The accounts won't tell you a bloody thing.

Doing what we are doing? That's quite general. You specifically said its the system we play. That to me is formation and tactics.

Feel free to answer some of the questions, though.

Ok , In the system we play our final ball is horrific , I've seen youth teams with better set pieces than us and our defending of cross balls is awful.

The answers to all of that lies on the training field , not this forum.

E

I think the problem you face is, generally, we no longer have a fanbase willing to, or motivated to ask these sort of questions.

We have accounts ready to be published, that will show a loss whilst surviving and then improving in the top league.

Is there any shareholder willing to stand up when those accounts are published and say... "Cut the crap, where's the money gone."

Because, as sure as there's shit in a cat. The accounts won't tell you a bloody thing.

That's where your are wrong I'm afraid, they tell you everything. If you know where to look (I'm an auditor)

They show you that, rather than a bank overdraft (which was the previous preference) which is short term then the club prefers a long term loan which is worrying given our short term signings.

It also tells us that the board is very risk adverse and is more concerned with keeping us alive rather than progressing. Your opinion on what's better is up for debate.

I think it's obvious that as soon as the glory hunters left in season one of the spl the board know the core support, including me, will continue to come. The championship win was a income lottery and they know the attendance will dwindle as we win less and that we could be in considerable trouble soon and hence the long term loan soloution.

In financial sense they are prudent and right to do what they have done, the problem is we have no one willing to sink a few quid in the club with the potential for zero return.

• Like 1

Ok , In the system we play our final ball is horrific , I've seen youth teams with better set pieces than us and our defending of cross balls is awful.

The answers to all of that lies on the training field , not this forum.

Sorry, when you said system, I thought you meant formation. You believed the formation should be changed.

You were actually being specific about how we practice attacking or defending set pieces.

You're happy with 4231?

E

That's where your are wrong I'm afraid, they tell you everything. If you know where to look (I'm an auditor)

They show you that, rather than a bank overdraft (which was the previous preference) which is short term then the club prefers a long term loan which is worrying given our short term signings.

It also tells us that the board is very risk adverse and is more concerned with keeping us alive rather than progressing. Your opinion on what's better is up for debate.

I think it's obvious that as soon as the glory hunters left in season one of the spl the board know the core support, including me, will continue to come. The championship win was a income lottery and they know the attendance will dwindle as we win less and that we could be in considerable trouble soon and hence the long term loan soloution.

In financial sense they are prudent and right to do what they have done, the problem is we have no one willing to sink a few quid in the club with the potential for zero return.

They tell you bugger all. I've seen far more detailed (honest & open) accounts from similar clubs. Our accounts are cloak & dagger.

The comments surely meant as a joke right.

Is anyone seriously suggesting that they never seen this coming. While other teams can identify and rectify there weaknesses we stumble on.

Its not about cash. A club like ours doesn't go out and spend, we survive through bringing in youth players and selling them on.

Archie doesn't know how to set a attacking team, its been obvious ever since we came into this league. Make no mistake we are good for where we are in this league. Archie wasn't slow in shooting off to Dundee Utd and doing a McNamara and don't ever forget it.

They tell you bugger all. I've seen far more detailed (honest & open) accounts from similar clubs. Our accounts are cloak & dagger.

Rubbish. They show you that the club has moved debt from short to long term meaning that they don't think we will stay long in this league. Which based in their risk adverse approach is probably right.

Company accounts can and are manipulated as best they can be for potential investors. There is no defined format and as long as they are signed off can look as positive or as negative as you like.

Rubbish. They show you that the club has moved debt from short to long term meaning that they don't think we will stay long in this league. Which based in their risk adverse approach is probably right.

Company accounts can and are manipulated as best they can be for potential investors. There is no defined format and as long as they are signed off can look as positive or as negative as you like.

May I ask that you give us a run down, when the latest are published?

Of course, I shall give u an audit summary, unless your being sarky. We both fight for the same cause remember, I'm on your team.

No, I'm genuinely asking. I find the accounts thistle publish to be a waste of paper. It's almost as if they are hiding something. Like, where the money goes.

ETA. Thank you for the offer.

Edited by potty trained

We are capable of taking points from our next few games but there are things that need sorted desperately for that to happen.

For me, number one is that we need a leader on the park, shaking up the lethargy and comfort that the players seem to be in. That to my mind is not osman who does a great impersonation of an anonymous captain each week.

But when you begin to cast around the team looking for a captain and leader in the squad it's tricky however on Monday I would take the captaincy off osman and give it to bannigan or cerny. The players need to know that under performance has consequences.

I believe we can get points in all of our next few games. If we don't then it's all over.

You're happy with 4231?

The manager did change the formation yesterday. To a 4-3-3. Predictably, not one of the three in the middle looked likely to spark a positive forward move. We spent much of yesterday trying to play it over the top to Doolan or shunting it out wide where the attacks inevitably broke down.

Archie has told supporters that he wanted better players in this season, but the budget wouldn't allow these players to be signed. I am at a loss as to what he could have done as he had to bring players in. Balatoni made it clear in his paper article today, that it's no secret that we don't pay good wages.

We are a Championship team that pays Championship wages and attracts Championship crowds -

Is Archibald good enough to be a Championship manager? Will he be good enough to even make a realistic approach to promotion in the 206/17 season? Or do we just accept we'll have our usual nice long spell down in the doldrums - maybe even a wee holiday in the third tier? We like dipping that far.

If Archibald isn't the man - maybe he is, maybe he isn't - for the job, then why not Ian McCall? He's back in management and left a job unfinished at Firhill. And he signed the player commonly agreed to be our best in many years - Kris Doolan.

Anyway. We're going to be f**king shite until we get rid of that f**king shite sponsor.

Let's hope we're not playing Stenhousemuir, Brechin City and f**king Cowdenbeath by the time that happens.

• Like 1

We are capable of taking points from our next few games but there are things that need sorted desperately for that to happen. For me, number one is that we need a leader on the park, shaking up the lethargy and comfort that the players seem to be in. That to my mind is not osman who does a great impersonation of an anonymous captain each week. But when you begin to cast around the team looking for a captain and leader in the squad it's tricky however on Monday I would take the captaincy off osman and give it to bannigan or cerny. The players need to know that under performance has consequences. I believe we can get points in all of our next few games. If we don't then it's all over.

Good point JAF. Long thought the role of captain needs to be much more man management on and off the park as well as his playing position, Heart on sleeve stuff, eg David Sole type.

Seems sadly lacking in the modern game.