Last Jag & Second Last Jag Standing Competitions

BowenBoys

The club have informed WAT Sponsorship HQ that, because of our continued support, we can now sponsor tops for £75.

So, we need at least another 11 people to dip their hand into the small change jar. Then we will have another top to be won by some lucky person*

The more the merrier.

*No, Sunnylaw, it won't be first man out!

So just to make sure I'm reading this right. You need another 11 £3 pledgers and we get another top. So there will be two chances to win a top; the last man standing comp and a prediction league down the line too?

That's right.

Having got Declan's top, courtesy of lady-isobel-barnett, anything we raise with it is a bonus. Thought I would try something different. I hoped by pitching it as lost cost it might attract a fair few players. At the back of my mind I was thinking that we might get 50+ members involved. This would have allowed us to get another top (at £150). The idea was that once the LJS competition got down to about 15 players left, they would additionally be entered into a prediction competition for the new (14th) top. I hoped this would be an additional carrot to attract players.

I think that, possibly, fundraising fatigue is setting in now. Understandable given the phenomenal effort everybody has put in already and not helped by poor performances on the park. I approached the club about a discount. We are well into the season now and most of the playing staff now are sponsored, so it seemed reasonable. Their response was generous. I'm sure the fact that our fundraising has been so successful has had a bearing on that.

So, we have 14 players for LJS so far. another 11 will bring the total raised to £75 and secure another top. In this type of competition numbers can diminish quickly. With only 25 players it might not last long which is why I hoped for more. But let's see what happens.

I am open to suggestion about how we deal with the 14th top if we hit target. My idea is only one possible way of dealing with it. You have all been incredibly generous in giving to the club. Your money has secured 13 sponsored tops. I am, in modern parlance, curating this. On your behalf. If anybody has ideas for other ways to decide the destination for the tops, I'm happy to run it.

So, let's get this going guys. If you have £3 to spare, chuck it this way. Pit your wits against the variable performances of the first team.

And never forget, win, lose or draw, we are all, always Partick Thistle.

Last Jag Standing rules

Predict the result of Jags games. Competition will start with the game at Rugby Park on 28 November. I will post a list of players a week before that which will signal the start of the competition. Keep your powder dry until then.

1. Post your prediction on this thread - Win, Lose or Draw.

2. Post must be up before kick off e.g. if kick off time is 3.00, latest acceptable time of post is 2.59

3. If your prediction is correct and on time you stay in for next round.

4. In the event that no player predicts the correct result, all players stay in for the next round.

5. Last Jag standing wins.

Last Jag Standing rules

Predict the result of Jags games. Competition will start with the game at Rugby Park on 28 November. I will post a list of players a week before that which will signal the start of the competition. Keep your powder dry until then.

1. Post your prediction on this thread - Win, Lose or Draw.

2. Post must be up before kick off e.g. if kick off time is 3.00, latest acceptable time of post is 2.59

3. If your prediction is correct and on time you stay in for next round.

4. In the event that no player predicts the correct result, all players stay in for the next round.

5. Last Jag standing wins.

One minute before kick-off... great opportunity for tactics depending on the team line-ups!

So if I buy nine places and in the first week place three each on W,D,L I've got three through to week two and then one each on W,D,L gets me through to week three with one chance left . . . no that's not enough. So if I buy 99 and put thirty three on one each the first week I've got thirty three through to week two, then it's eleven the following week goes . . . no it's still not enough. No wait . . . can I just sponsor a shirt through you. BowenBoys for £75?

It's actually meant to be a bit of fun, a chance to win a top for three quid and a way of raising funds for the club. It's not really supposed to be a study of probabilities, economics and statistical analysis.

As I am not inviting multiple entries then perhaps sponsoring your own top might be the way to go. I could organise that for you but there would be a hefty handling charge which might take it out of your range.

One week to go until I invite predictions for the first game in this competition.

Seventeen Jags standing at the moment.

Willjag

Thick As Thieves

jagaloon

sb1876

German Jag

digger

Jaggernaut

Fawlty Towers

jaggy

jagfox

dougie247

The Sunnylaw Jag

G13 jag

Peaty FC

JAGSMAN1968

shed76

TomReilly

Would really like to get the numbers up to give these guys a run for their money.

It's only three quid a go and the winner will walk away with Declan McDaid's home top at the end of the season.

Im having proper trouble with this.. I automatically want to put down a WIN for us but the head says NO.. I'm loosing sleep over it :)

Take a deep breath. There's a long way to go yet. Get past the weekend, you might change your mind after Inverness game. If it continues to trouble you, think DRAW!

• Like 1