Stuart Bannigan

guvnor

Bannigan has, for me, been the single most important cog outwith Alan Archibald in the clubs rise over the last few seasons.

I wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

ditto :thumbsup2:

I realise he's just won Player of the Month but such is his consistency, even when he's not winning the award, Banzo is nearly always in the frame.

If Thistle Weir can produce players like Stuart Bannigan every couple of seasons then I reckon we'll be ok.

It's not just his playing ability, but his attitude too. His apparent affinity and gratitude to the club for the opportunity and appreciation of the coaching staff and his team-mates for their hard work and encouragement in helping him progress as a player, compliments his own work ethic and surely does not go unnoticed by fellow pro's, coaches and fans.

He has always appeared to me to be the consummate team player, willing to play where and when requested and give his all. I have previously suggested once he found his best position and was given the chance to concentrate his game on filling that role he could blossom into a player capable of playing at a very high level. I still think he has yet to find it, and at a club like ours it's a bit of a luxury we cannot always afford, however he remains without doubt one of our most consistent and useful performers.

Speculatively speaking, I reckon we are probably a good, all things working out and going our way, 5-10 years away of being a realistic and attractive option for players of Stuart's potential to properly test themselves and take their careers up a level. A hard thing to admit, but in frank reflection we can at least console ourselves that we are getting there. It could be an option for him to help us get there, but totally understandable that he might be ready for and want that standard of play now.

Would love if he stayed, but would respect his ambition in the game, and would hope he could find a decent move if he chooses to leave us. He certainly could easily find a more affluent club willing to take a punt on him, however finding a club that suits him and can excel with may not be so easy.

He's set the foundation to be a Jag we can all be proud of whatever he does next. So, let's hope if he does move on he achieves great things..... so long as they are not to the detriment of his alma mater! :thumbsup2:

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 1

Can't praise this guy highly enough, he has been a terrific player for us on and off the park. As a role model for our young players he has led the way by inspiring them with his attitude,drive and commitment. Stuart will leave owing us nothing, we all owe him our thanks and best wishes for taking our club to the next level.

Like Booth, a disgrace to the bad name of footballers: intelligent, lacking in crap tattoos and doesn't have an ego the size of a Jaconelli's breakfast treble roll.

See now while I'm a big fan of Stuart Bannigan, I do also really like the sound of a jaconellis treble breakfast roll