Celtic...

Mediocre Pundit

So tonight, i laugh my friggin head off and slag my Tim supporting acquantancies, at yet another glorious failure and monumental fuk-up from the Tims. GIRFY ya bampots. :tongue2:

Can't wait for the next implosion within Porkhead, and roll on the H u n s Euro campaign, whats the betting Manure score 6 or more against them? Anyone think they will get a win in their group? Think i'm off down the bookies :evil: may as well make a good few quid out of their misery.

Add in their regular SPL or cup cockups, off-field problems, the more the merrier.

Any opportunity to laugh at the Bigot Brothers and their 'followers' is one i will never pass up.

They deserve every piece of humiliation and embarrassment, for that is what they are.

FTOF

Totally with you on all your post, but especially that bit.

FTOFFE

Whilst I agree it is highly amusing and gives me personally great pleasure to see either half of the OF get humped, it certainly is making us the laughing stock of the footie world. I have had the misfortune to spend a considerable part of my adult life in exile, while in Engerland they all laughed at the OF and with reason, but now even the bloody Aussies are laughing at us! On that performance, the Tims would struggle over here.

Rangers in the same group as Man Utd - God help us! watch another rollong over. Fergie will no doubt tell his boys to go easy and just as well!

So to sum up, while the debacle and OF diddiness is a national embarassment I will enjoy it all the same!

For me it's always been club first, nation second. So even if I did beleive european success for any scottish team does anything more than give them a delusional ego boost and a little extra cash to squander on dud players, I couldn't bring myself to "support" a club just because it's Scottish. "Helps our co-efficient", say the pundits with all the cliches. So f**kin whit!?!?!?!? I'm sure we're all gonna be really concerned about the co-efookinficcient standing on the grassy terrace of central park on saturday.

P*sh!!!

Sayin that i've always had a soft spot for Utrecht.... 4-0!!!! :sarcastic:

and Odense and AEK.

Edited by admin2

Whilst I agree it is highly amusing and gives me personally great pleasure to see either half of the OF get humped, it certainly is making us the laughing stock of the footie world. I have had the misfortune to spend a considerable part of my adult life in exile, while in Engerland they all laughed at the OF and with reason, but now even the bloody Aussies are laughing at us! On that performance, the Tims would struggle over here.

Rangers in the same group as Man Utd - God help us! watch another rollong over. Fergie will no doubt tell his boys to go easy and just as well!

So to sum up, while the debacle and OF diddiness is a national embarassment I will enjoy it all the same!

Scott Brown was the only Scottish player on the park last night. Lennon played 6 new signings and must take the blame. He played Fortune who has signed for West Brom today - ttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/8950154.stm. He clearly knew about his former club's approach last night so his motivation must have suffered.

FTOF!!!!! & Dundee utd. & Motherwell & Hibs

Do you think any of them went into their euro ties thinking "we really gotta win this lads fo the benefit of clubs like Thistle"?

Whatalotauttacrap!!!!

Have you ever looked at the bigger picture ? Like Scotlands chances of having more teams in Europe with maybe a 5th place finish in the league ?

yes at the moment that is pie in the sky but it will hopefully not be that way forever. Hate the infirm like any other Jags fan. But you are laffing at the Scottish teams while the rest of Europe is laffing at Scotland.

Rather sad really in my opinion. But don't let that get in your way of laffing at the rest of Scottish football ! :thinking:

Have you ever looked at the bigger picture ? Like Scotlands chances of having more teams in Europe with maybe a 5th place finish in the league ?

yes at the moment that is pie in the sky but it will hopefully not be that way forever. Hate the infirm like any other Jags fan. But you are laffing at the Scottish teams while the rest of Europe is laffing at Scotland.

Rather sad really in my opinion. But don't let that get in your way of laffing at the rest of Scottish football ! :thinking:

There were 5 scottish teams in Europe this season & 4 were humped out before the end of August. The only reason rangers are still in is because they haven't played yet!!!

who cares about Scotland's co-efficient, will we ever finish high enough in the SPL for it to matter? I doubt it.

Aberdeen & Dundee Utd did great in Europe in the 80's, but did it make any differenc to PTFC? The answer is NO!!!

There were 5 scottish teams in Europe this season & 4 were humped out before the end of August. The only reason rangers are still in is because they haven't played yet!!!

who cares about Scotland's co-efficient, will we ever finish high enough in the SPL for it to matter? I doubt it.

Aberdeen & Dundee Utd did great in Europe in the 80's, but did it make any differenc to PTFC? The answer is NO!!!

Quite correct. The co-efficient equates to the level of success Scottish clubs have in Europe. In turn success in Europe is rewarded by inordinate amounts of cash. So the higher the coefficient the more money certain clubs stand to make. Those clubs get richer and a wider gap appears between them and the rest. That money from competing in Europe won't filter down the SPL and through the divisions as the successful clubs will use most of it to bring in foreign players. Conversely when our top clubs are doing poorly abroad our internal transfer market is a lot healthier.

Also, in persuit of maintaining a good position in the co-efficient the powers that be in scottish football bend over backwards to make life in europe easier for those participating.

This mentality failed PTFC a few seasons back when we were forced to play a top cup game at night midweek rather than a saturday afternoon because of Rangers backlog of games.

I'm all for the co-efficient ,in theory, it doesn't really work in real lif though, not in scotland anyway.

Pathetic m8 such a shallow response cos it doesn't effect us. We are a Scottish team in a Scottish league ! Me personally don't like my team to be recognised as being in a pish poor league !

You on the other hand are quite delighted it would seem ?

Your opinion is rather sad as a Scotsman in my opinion !

Things need to change.

Pathetic m8 such a shallow response cos it doesn't effect us. We are a Scottish team in a Scottish league ! Me personally don't like my team to be recognised as being in a pish poor league !

You on the other hand are quite delighted it would seem ?

Your opinion is rather sad as a Scotsman in my opinion !

Things need to change.

whats shallow about it? I support Partick Thistle & Scotland. I couldn't give a flying **** about the other 41 teams in Scotland & will only really care about the co-efficient if it affects PTFC & Scotland.

sorry if you think it is shallow but maybe you care more about rangers, celtic, hearts, hibs, dundee united & motherwelll in europe than you do about your own club. if so thats your choice

I'd have liked Hibs, Dundee Utd and Motherwell to have done well in Europe, if only to show there's more to Scottish football than Rangers or Celtic. Id normally laugh at the Celtic shambles but it really is a sad state of affairs, they've made 10 or 11 signings, how many of them were Scottish? Rangers have signed a few players and not one of them was Scottish IIRC. In actual fact I find it hard to consider the OF Scottish at all anymore but the joy of being a Jag is that we can't lose when it comes to the OF in Europe, if they get humped we laugh and if they do well we can say "well it's good for Scottish football. Hypocrisy? What hypocrisy? :tongue2:

What I find reaaly really funny tho is that Rangers have spent £4m on a striker they can't play in the Champions League :lol:

Edited by Steven H

The honkin' tims had one Scot in their starting line-up alongside 10 imported diddies who are on much, much bigger money than most of us could ever hope to imagine earning. And their "supporters" are willing to cash in their giros in order to pay these foreign diddies. That's what makes it more hilarious yet tragic. Ach, GIRFUT, I say.

Edited by Jaggernaut

The honkin' tims had one Scot in their starting line-up alongside 10 imported diddies who are on much, much bigger money than most of us could ever hope to imagine earning. And their "supporters" are willing to cash in their giros in order to pay these foreign diddies. That's what makes it more hilarious yet tragic. Ach, GIRFUT, I say.

This.

I despise the way the OF bring in all these foreign diddies on big money who are more pish than Scottish players. No wonder the national team suffers. I loved Celtic getting pumped.

As a Scotsman, I like to see Scottish teams (i.e. not the OF) do well in Europe. Thursday night was disappointing from that perspective. It's worrying that we are out of Europe before the group stages have even started.

This.

I despise the way the OF bring in all these foreign diddies on big money who are more pish than Scottish players. No wonder the national team suffers. I loved Celtic getting pumped.

As a Scotsman, I like to see Scottish teams (i.e. not the OF) do well in Europe. Thursday night was disappointing from that perspective. It's worrying that we are out of Europe before the group stages have even started.

Completely spot on in my view.

Succinctly put! Gordon Strachan took most of Celtic's Scottish players to Middlesborough last season. Scott Brown is the only Scot in Lennon's first eleven.

To be fair, the H*ns still have several Scots in the first team squad despite having recently lost Kris Boyd, Danny Wilson, Steven Smith and Kevin Thomson. They have McGregor, Alexander, Whittaker, Broadfoot, Weir, Webster, McCulloch, Miller, Naismith, Fleck plus a few youngsters.