Flags Out For Engurlund

Blackpool Jags

And for all that these St George's flags are tacky, it's a hundred times better than when they flew Union Flags.

Why? It's their national flag!

I have no problem with them flying the flag of their own country. When they flew the UJ. it really got on my nerves as it implied that they thought they were representing all of us.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the TV commentators are as representative of English opinion as the likes of James Traynor and Chic Young are of our opinion.

absolutely yes. their job is obtain & maintain listener ratings. the method is to aim at the lowest common demoninator. no knowledge of football is required. if you respond by expressing a positive or negative emotion to their like, you let them exert their horrible slimy influence over you.

better to be dispassionate as far as the popular media is concerned. kick back and watch the world cup with the sounds aff, england games included, and enjoy it for what it is. there's tons of stuff on the web that's free of jingoism and ex-pro's and hacks with single figure IQ's, where you can get a balanced view and analysis of the game.

Perfect example of the arrogance shown by some of our Southern neighbours and why a large proportion of the other home nations will not be supporting England.

I saw a CD in Tesco last night, entitled "England - songs for 2010". OK - so far so good, most countries will bring out a CD for their World Cup.

But first song on the CD?

"We are the Champions" by Queen.

Couldn't believe it (well I could actually considering some of the increasing guff on English media in last week or so).

Arrogance or what? Last time I looked, the English football team were not champions of anything.

Perfect example of the arrogance shown by some of our Southern neighbours and why a large proportion of the other home nations will not be supporting England.

I saw a CD in Tesco last night, entitled "England - songs for 2010". OK - so far so good, most countries will bring out a CD for their World Cup.

But first song on the CD?

"We are the Champions" by Queen.

Couldn't believe it (well I could actually considering some of the increasing guff on English media in last week or so).

Arrogance or what? Last time I looked, the English football team were not champions of anything.

They must be champions of England.

Alan Hansen?

What a load of pish, he clearly revels in their misery following an England defeat. How come loads of Scottish fans think he supports England whilst all English fans think he's a bigot and hate seeing his smug face when England lose.

What a load of pish, he clearly revels in their misery following an England defeat. How come loads of Scottish fans think he supports England whilst all English fans think he's a bigot and hate seeing his smug face when England lose.

I think he used the word 'we' when referring to an England game once and it has stuck in the throats of some Scots.

As an immature wee extra, I stole this from my Uncles Facebook page and thought it was fitting for this thread :D

A professor has found after extensive research there are two sizes of ***** amongst UK men, normal size range and those which are less than two inches while erect. The professor has appealed for help to continue his research. Could all men with extremely small penises make themselves known over the next 6 weeks by flying a white flag with a red cross from their cars?

:lol: p e n i s is filtered out!

Edited by Steven H

Alan Hansen?

OK, I'll take a bet with you.

Over the next few weeks, let's count how many times a pundit misuses "we" when referring to England.

You can have Alan Hansen. I'll go for ex-Republic of Ireland internationalist, Andy Townsend.

I'm glad some people on here realise the Alan Hansen "judus" stuff is a lot of crap. I'm sick of explaining to people that he was filmed celebrating in the BBC studio when Portugal knocked them out of Germany '06. It makes my blood boil when people come away with the old "he refers to England as "we" argument". What a lot of nonsense.

I'm glad some people on here realise the Alan Hansen "judus" stuff is a lot of crap. I'm sick of explaining to people that he was filmed celebrating in the BBC studio when Portugal knocked them out of Germany '06. It makes my blood boil when people come away with the old "he refers to England as "we" argument". What a lot of nonsense.

Sorry boss but I think that IS a reason why people give it the judas crap, not saying I am one of those people and not saying he did say "we" in reference in England. Just to be clear since I was the one who brought up this 'nonsense' :thumbsup2:

Hnasen is a scar-faced Quisling. I'm really lookimng forward to the WC, but my excitement is somewhat tempered when I remember the numpties that the BBC will wheel out and inflict on us all.

Just be grateful that Nevin and Barnes aren't on the BEEB payroll :lol: