Scotland

angry gaz

u21 squad announced and whilst there is room for defenders plying their trade at mansfield town and newport county there is no place for liam lindsay, shame as I think he would enhance the squad.

Liam Lindsay is too old for Scotland Under 21s next competitive campaign. I don't see the point in having him called up for friendlies when he won't be able to play in the competitive stuff next year. I think he should have been involved over the last year, but he has, sadly, missed out on the chance of any Under 21 honours.

Still, 2 players at Morton in the squad. Liam deserves a call even as a recognition thing.

Would be a bit hollow, tho'. Real recognition would've been for competitive matches. Hopefully with his immediate future secured he quickly progresses into the full international plans. Just as G Sus rightly points out about Liam's age the same should apply to the full team. I see very little point of playing friendlies with players of an age who'll either have little to learn from a call up or who in any case may be past it come the next major tournament.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

It was reported a few weeks back there were only 8 recognised Scottish centre halves playing in our league that weekend, Lyndsey being one of them. I found it odd he was not previously picked for the under 21s, especially as last season he played a number of games, but understand why they are only picking players eligible for the next qualifying campaign. But he must be a player being monitored, not just as potential at international level. He has improved significantly since last season, and again in the last month.