Fan Director / Jt Board Rep Position

stolenscone

Please see the Trust website for an update on this.

http://www.jagstrust.co.uk

You will hopefully understand that professional courtesy imposes a limit on what I can say before any meeting with the Club board takes place, but we will endeavour to keep you up to date with this as openly and honestly as is possible.

David Stewart

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine it has a lot to do with the 20 odd threads that have populated both this forum and the harry wraggs forum, slamming the trust for being hopeless.

Yes you can say, the club board is as bad. But when the club board lost a valuable member like keiron, I think they have every right to hope for a similar standard of replacement.

Maybe the trust can clarify to what efforts morag has gone to, to ensure keirons work has contiinued?

Not sure what the club constitution says, but is the Trust rep's seat on the board not a given, with the club in no position to decide on whether or not they agree with that individual's election? With the obvious caveat that the individual elected by the JT was not obviously unfit to hold office within the club board, of course.

Not sure what the club constitution says, but is the Trust rep's seat on the board not a given, with the club in no position to decide on whether or not they agree with that individual's election?

My understanding is that there is no such de facto right for a fan representitive to sit as a director on the football club's board.

As I understand it, this issue has nothing to do with the ability of the Board Rep to carry on the community work undertaken by Kieron.

what's your understanding?

Incidentaly, I didn't say I thought it had anything to do with it.

And as I asked earlier what has morag done to carry on keirons work?

Edited by potty trained

As I understand it, this issue has nothing to do with the ability of the Board Rep to carry on the community work undertaken by Kieron.

stolenscone, would you happen to know if there is continuity re the community work? Has someone on the Board taken over Kieron's role or has it either been delegated to the Trust or does it come under the JT remit in any case?

I'd hate to think that there's no continuity primarily down to politics.

stolenscone, would you happen to know if there is continuity re the community work? Has someone on the Board taken over Kieron's role or has it either been delegated to the Trust or does it come under the JT remit in any case?

I'd hate to think that there's no continuity primarily down to politics.

It's no great secret that in these financially difficult times, the Club's appetite for community work is not significant. The Trust board is keen to explore ways in which it can continue to partner the Club to ensure that the community element can be continued. I expect the details to be discussed as part of any face to face meeting between the Club and Trust. Just for clarity, so far as I am aware, this is not an issue of personalities and nor should it be. Kieron did a fantastic job on the community side, but Morag is her own person and brings her own skills to the table. I am not suggesting in any way that Kieron's work on the community programmes should be shelved - as mentioned above, I hope that this can be the subject of a constructive discussion with the Club board. Hopefully this goes some way to answering PT's query above as well.

Edited by stolenscone

It's no great secret that in these financially difficult times, the Club's appetite for community work is not significant. The Trust board is keen to explore ways in which it can continue to partner the Club to ensure that the community element can be continued. I expect the details to be discussed as part of any face to face meeting between the Club and Trust. Just for clarity, so far as I am aware, this is not an issue of personalities and not should it be. Kieron did a fantastic job on the community side, but Morag is her own person and brings her own skills to the table. I am not suggesting in any way that Kieron's work on the community programmes should be shelved - as mentioned above, I hope that this can be the subject of a constructive discussion with the Club board. Hopefully this goes some way to answering PT's query above as well.

:thumbsup2: thanks

So the board can decide that the holder of 1m shares is no longer allowed a seat at the table? In these times is the boards main priority to pick a fight with the fans representative body? Really? They can't think of somethig better to do like...maybe helping mobilise the fanbase with some positive moves to help pull us out of this mess? I despair.

Although to be honest if this move takes place then I see no remaining reason why the JT can't start holding the club board to account over their failings. Although I appreciate this is easy to say as an outsider looking in.

So the board can decide that the holder of 1m shares is no longer allowed a seat at the table? In these times is the boards main priority to pick a fight with the fans representative body? Really? They can't think of somethig better to do like...maybe helping mobilise the fanbase with some positive moves to help pull us out of this mess? I despair.

Although to be honest if this move takes place then I see no remaining reason why the JT can't start holding the club board to account over their failings. Although I appreciate this is easy to say as an outsider looking in.

Very subtle words there Stolenscone.

Why can't you just say what it really means?

The Board see you and your organisation as irrelevant.

The lack of any reaction from your organisation just proves how pointless it is.

Hand back the shares and let the Board get on with it.

The lack of any reaction from your organisation just proves how pointless it is.

Clearly I can't prejudge any meeting with the Club board, but I am happy to express my views fully and frankly after the meeting.

ps It's your organisation as well.

It's no great secret that in these financially difficult times, the Club's appetite for community work is not significant.

I'm sorry David, but I would suggest this comment is not accurate and sow's seeds in readers minds that should community work fall by the side, The Club are at fault. They were financially difficult times when Keiron was the Rep, and he seemed to get a fantastic amount of community work done, in partnership with the Club. It almost seems like you are blaming the Club for any lack of community work by the new Rep. This of course is assuming that the new Rep will take up Keiron's work. If she has chosen not to, I would be very disappointed that no one else in the Trust was willing to do so, but not surprised.

The Trust board is keen to explore ways in which it can continue to partner the Club to ensure that the community element can be continued. I expect the details to be discussed as part of any face to face meeting between the Club and Trust.

Keiron resigned 3 months ago! What actions have been taken in those 3 months? are The Trust in contact with the various community projects? Has any community work taken place in these 3 months? Was there not going to be a link up with queens Park for community coaching in the Sothside, has anything progressed with this?

Just for clarity, so far as I am aware, this is not an issue of personalities and nor should it be.

So as far as you are aware, what is the reason that the Rep has not been invited to the last 2 board meetings?

Kieron did a fantastic job on the community side, but Morag is her own person and brings her own skills to the table.

In the 6 or 7 weeks since Morag has taken up the position, what has she targeted? What has she proactively done?

The problem being, there are no Trust minutes available to view since March. April's is the 2009 minutes!

Thanks,

So the board can decide that the holder of 1m shares is no longer allowed a seat at the table?

Yes, that was the agreement made and accepted at the time of Save The Jags. Therefore it still stands.

At the time of 1876/CF... Did the Trust push for this factor to be removed?

In these times is the boards main priority to pick a fight with the fans representative body? Really? They can't think of somethig better to do like...maybe helping mobilise the fanbase with some positive moves to help pull us out of this mess? I despair.

I think the last thing on their mind is to pick a fight with a two bob outfit that make them look like professionals! I'm sure they are thinking of a lot more important things to deal with, like a lack of money and a team that the fans are deserting because they are dire to watch!

Maybe the Trust can clarify what communications have been made to the Club after keiron's resignation? Can they clarify what was discussed in the time up to Morag's appointment, and what has been discussed since, both as the Trust Board and with the Club?

Would it be fair to suggest there is a level of expectation from the Trust members and it's board that there should always be a Rep?

Why should there?

The problem being, there are no Trust minutes available to view since March. April's is the 2009 minutes!

Apologies re-April minutes. This is entirely my fault as I uploaded the wrong file when updating the site a while ago. April 2010 minutes should be up in a few minutes.

Edit: April's minutes should now be correct. If it loads the old ones, try refreshing the page and it should load up the new PDF.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

Then again at other times....

and

AC

We are obviously delighted that the Jags Trust has provided us with the money to enable us to bring Jackie McNamara to Firhill. I know just how difficult fundraising can be so for the Jags Trust to have provided these funds to us is simply fantastic and our heart felt thanks are extended to the Jags Trust for their assistance.

PT - I will repeat for clarity: I am aware of no intention by the Trust to ditch the community work undertaken by Kieron. Promotion of the Club within the local community was very much something which Kieron took on board, but is it not the exclusive domian of the Board Representative and it never has been.

As I said before, we will be looking to discuss how best to work with the Club to take the community work forward. Much of the work previously undertaken required the co-operation of the Club and the use of Club facilities. If that support is withdrawn, then it is a simple fact that the nature of the work will need to adapt to accomodate that. The Club has not, however, said that is intends to withdraw that support. To say otherwise is speculation at this stage. It is worth noting, however, that the promotion of community development work is enshrined in the Trust's constitution.

Without wishing to shift the debate along an altogether different line, the Trust is nothing more than a collection of supporters. It is NOT half a dozen folk meeting as the Trust board from time to time. If you or anyone else wishes to volunteer their time exclusively to promote community activities, whether as a co-opted member of the Trust board or independently of it, then we would be delighted to hear from you.

On a separate matter, the board minutes from the last few meetings should have been up on the website by now - it's a bad habit to get into and we'll look to correct that as quickly as possible.