If Archie Leaves At Some Point

Jagsman

I think at the very most Archie will get 5 games to sort this out, the rumblings have already started re Maxi's comments, being in the Premier League for the last 3 seasons has raised the aspirations for PTFC

If you take into account players being on 2 or 3 year contracts , the new training ground etc , it could be an absolute disaster if we go down . Unfortunately sentimentality and what Archie has done in the past won't count for a lot if the current run of results continue.

The bottom line whether you agree or disagree is that PTFC is the most important factor in this scenario not Alan Archibald

I think at the very most Archie will get 5 games to sort this out, the rumblings have already started re Maxi's comments, being in the Premier League for the last 3 seasons has raised the aspirations for PTFC

If you take into account players being on 2 or 3 year contracts , the new training ground etc , it could be an absolute disaster if we go down . Unfortunately sentimentality and what Archie has done in the past won't count for a lot if the current run of results continue.

The bottom line whether you agree or disagree is that PTFC is the most important factor in this scenario not Alan Archibald

I agree that the club is the most important thing, but Archies reputation is also taking a big hit. Ourselves and Brechin are the only teams not to have won a league game this season. How many of the Hearts fans who wanted him would take him now?

Alan Archibald has so far breezed along on good will from a section of the Thistle support simply because he played in some previously successful Thistle sides. If he was an ex-Old Firm player he would already have been under a lot more pressure before now.

People need to remove themselves from this sentimentality when thinking about the way the team currently performs, and has previously performed under Alan Archibald.

Are you serious? You honestly think the goodwill to Archie is down to his former playing record. Are you not aware of his management record? I'll remind you promotion and successful seasons to date in the top flight with our highest finish for decades.

He still doesn't deserve to be under pressure although he will be, mostly from himself.

If the results don't improve though he will be gone soon enough but for now he still deserves the opportunity to turn it around.

• Like 1

The board need to show more balls than the players and manager have done all season, and replace the management and coaching staff as soon as possible.

Would that be "showing balls" or would sticking with a guy who has a proven track record even though things are looking bleak actually be "showing balls".

Not having a go at you because we are all Thistle fans and are hurting at the moment - just asking the question.

Fair question, and I don't envy the position the board are in. It's for them to decide if they have seen anything this season that suggests the current manager can improve things. I haven't.

Last season, even though we were bottom at Christmas, we had played some good stuff and were genuinely unlucky on occasion. This season though, 2 games aside, we've been honking. And we seem to be getting worse, not better.

New manager, new perspective.

I appreciate all that Archibald and Shaggy have done in previous seasons, but we can't live on our past glories.

In Archie we have a manager who has consistently achieved. We have had a poor start to the season but now is the time for the jags support to do exactly that- support the team and the manager. There is a long way to go this season yet, and Archie getting the heave now is good for no one

• Like 1

Fair question, and I don't envy the position the board are in. It's for them to decide if they have seen anything this season that suggests the current manager can improve things. I haven't.

Last season, even though we were bottom at Christmas, we had played some good stuff and were genuinely unlucky on occasion. This season though, 2 games aside, we've been honking. And we seem to be getting worse, not better.

New manager, new perspective.

I appreciate all that Archibald and Shaggy have done in previous seasons, but we can't live on our past glories.

I don't have any inside knowledge but I wonder if the Board are hoping we can keep "in the pack" until the turn of the year then get guys like Booth & Osman back plus a little bit of movement in and out of the squad so we can have a strong second half of the season.

My worry if we do get a new guy in is that if we do go down does he get the sack at the end of the season and we end up having 3 managers in a year? If we start down that road I can't see it leading to a good place.

And there's the dilemna - can anyone see us staying in the pack? Is there anything to suggest we're going to get better?

The players are low on confidence. When we get a few wins on our belt they will start to gain some and go on a better run of form. I believe Archie can turn this around

Lithgaejag you are correct the players are low in confidence and a few wins will get us going.But where are the wins going to come from? Yesterday both teams looked lacking in confidence,but then they scored and that was that.Apart from a 5-10minutes spell at the beginning of the second half we did nothing.We are now in a run of games that are winnable,but we are not winning them and don't look as if we know how to win them.