Hamilton

eljaggo

The effort that Templeton has which strikes the bar comes from very poor defending - he initially picks the ball up with his back to goal, the Thistle player who is on him, back off, allows him to turn and set himself for the shot. Its the exact same position as we lose from on a consistent basis. This needs to be sorted out and worked on because that's the kind of stuff that's costing us points and nearly did again yesterday

• Like 2

Barton motm at Libero. He’s been abysmal in midfield. He was the only one with a bit of football.

I therefore don’t want to see him playing anywhere but Libero. Drop Devine.

Can’t fault the boys for effort and matched Accies’ desire. Thought Doolan and Spittal should’ve been off earlier. But he knew Woods would need replaced. He looks a very important signing.

Well done to Storey who sidestepped moronic no. 89 at the end.

I know McKinnon’s just a crap Scott Brown and a bit of a ned. But I thought he was terrific and we could do with someone like that.

Totally agree with this. McKinnon was a real handful. He was also constantly shouting at his fellow players, urging the team on. Out of that team, I'd take McKinnon and Imrie any time in our team.

The effort that Templeton has which strikes the bar comes from very poor defending - he initially picks the ball up with his back to goal, the Thistle player who is on him, back off, allows him to turn and set himself for the shot. Its the exact same position as we lose from on a consistent basis. This needs to be sorted out and worked on because that's the kind of stuff that's costing us points and nearly did again yesterday

The identikit goal against us - lose ball midway in opponents half, fail to prevent any danger by being too nice and don't make a "good" foul, chase opponent down wing for 50-60 yards, fail to tackle or block the cross - goal !

A variation on that is make the foul eventually when it's in a much more dangerous position when we could have done that in their half!

The amount of similar goals we lose like that is unreal and stems from being too nice a team !

Whilst I think that we could have been drawn back by a late equaliser, I also think we could have won 3 - 0.

Neither scenario happened. We won a game by the slenderest of margins, We won!

Sure, we could have even lost, but we didn't. We won! It is all if's and buts afterwards.

Here is the scoreline:

Partick Thistle 1 Plastic Pitch Warriors 0.

What is it about football supporters that turns victory - y'know, We won- into a bleatfest?

We won.

They lost.

End of.

Just saying.

• Like 6

There's nothing like a bit of constructive criticism. When you keep seeing the same mistakes being made, that's not bad luck, its preventable by players doing their job. The offending player in my previous post turned out to be Keown, but I'll tell you what, the block he makes in the first half from Docherty after Cerny parries it into the danger area was incredible and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned. The boy thought he had scored but for big Son Of A Martin's outstretched leg.

If we cut out the basic mistakes we wouldn't be in the position we find ourselves in and the Thistle fans can go home without suffering from multiple cardiac arrests

Any one else think Keown is future captain potential?

I hope we stay up just to keep him.

I loved after the game the way he was waving his fists at the JH . Seems it really meant something to him

With his dad’s genes, you would think so. But I’d still go for Ellliot next then Keown to follow.

Any one else think Keown is future captain potential?

I hope we stay up just to keep him.

I loved after the game the way he was waving his fists at the JH . Seems it really meant something to him

Keown seems to live football. It is something I like about all of our squad. But if you asked me, Keown, Lawless and our favourite Kangaroo appear to have even more than most. I hope they are all around for the long term.

Keown seems to live football. It is something I like about all of our squad. But if you asked me, Keown, Lawless and our favourite Kangaroo appear to have even more than most. I hope they are all around for the long term.

I’d agree Douglas, I think Keown & Edwards love the game.