Aitken Suite

Jaggy1967

I am truly sick and fed up with the club seemingly doing their utmost to deter fans making a day at Firhill one that the whole family can enjoy. I took the family to the game today to enjoy the usual prematch drink and pie and chips in the Aitken Suite only to be told that they are no longer doing food! Crisps or nuts are not quite what the kids wanted for their lunch. No explanation as to why there was no longer goin to be food and no prior warning! Before the Ayr match they did let us know that due to a post match function there wouldn't be food but nothing today. I know this may seem petty to many of you in the scheme of things, but if the club are attempting to encourage families to attend the games and make it a real "day out" then this is the sort of thing that will only deter families from coming. I would gauge that the bar probably had as few as half the normal number that would be there. This may or may not have been because people could not eat. Anyone know what is going on?

I don't know, just presuming. & when we've sold the rights out to a catering firm, not much you we can do about it.

Sign of the times no doubt. We were moved out of the Alan Rough lounge to make way for corporate hospitality yet I think I'm right in saying it's been empty the last few games. Certainly there was no sign of life yesterday (or on the park!). Can only assume that there must be a break even point where the caterers (are they sub-contracted?) say it will cost more to open. Would be interesting to know if that is in breach of contract. Classic "use it or lose it". Bad show if there was no advance notice they have stopped doing food in the AS.

I don't recall hearing anything from the Club but I do recall someone saying on the forum a few weeks back that the caterers had pulled out. Maybe the Club was asking for more money from them. You'd have thought someone would have been interested in supplying catering?

Think Gordon is still doing it, not sure of the name of his company though.

At times it was the highlight of home games last year, seems to have gone now :sad1:

pielight: [pai,lait] noun

1/an occasion more memorable or exciting than the main event, often occurring during an interval.

e.g. That was ninety minutes of pure pish, the pielight of the day was yon steak bridie.

2/the little light at the back of the oven to tell if your pastry is burnt or not.

3/ (often pl) blond streak(s) across your crust usually due to your pie being microwaved and/or reheated.

pielight: [pai,lait] noun

1/an occasion more memorable or exciting than the main event, often occurring during an interval.

e.g. That was ninety minutes of pure pish, the pielight of the day was yon steak bridie.

2/the little light at the back of the oven to tell if your pastry is burnt or not.

3/ (often pl) blond streak(s) across your crust usually due to your pie being microwaved and/or reheated.

:lol::lol:

I had my seven year old daughter there for the first time yesterday and after buying food and drink went to buy her a hat or scarf from the stall inside the Jackie Husband.Is this now shut?It was less than 1 minute after the kick off and the shutter was pulled down but through the gap at the bottom I could see a guy sitting in it and asked him to pull the shutter up as I wanted to buy somthing but he just shook his head and didn't say anything.Great way to treat the fans if it had been open sixty seconds earlier!

I had my seven year old daughter there for the first time yesterday and after buying food and drink went to buy her a hat or scarf from the stall inside the Jackie Husband.Is this now shut?It was less than 1 minute after the kick off and the shutter was pulled down but through the gap at the bottom I could see a guy sitting in it and asked him to pull the shutter up as I wanted to buy somthing but he just shook his head and didn't say anything.Great way to treat the fans if it had been open sixty seconds earlier!

Was he a tallish chap, with glasses and fair curly hair?

The Aitken Suite was an absolute joke of a place before this but that's too much. Last year I was moaning that no-one could be bothered to put up a simple price list for the food - I mean, how difficult is it to print off a piece of paper with the products and prices? The place is a souless dive. It really wouldn't take much to turn it around but the caterers clearly couldn't be bothered. So who is responsible for that - the BOD who gave them the contract. If they can't ensure their contractors are providing the best possible service for the fans, then they shouldn't be in the business of running a club. Add to this the lack of hospitality this season and the incompetence of the BOD is plain to see.

we stopped going there about 2 years ago, customer satisfaction nil, now frequent the S&G, friendlier and you can stay until 2.50 and still be in your seat by 3.00. do they still kick you out at 2.28?

Yes they still do with Plod there to enforce things. Welcome indeed to Firhill. Suggestion- get some of the Board to come in for a pre match pint and join in the queue to get served and realise how to utterly waste a half hour of their time.

Yes they still do with Plod there to enforce things. Welcome indeed to Firhill. Suggestion- get some of the Board to come in for a pre match pint and join in the queue to get served and realise how to utterly waste a half hour of their time.

they will be running the place down now that propco is getting closure ,

another nail in the coffin