Qos Away Xi

PaleGreySky

halliwell

paton kinniburgh mcnamara archibald boyle

buchanan rowson flannigan erskine

doolan

i think we're better off not trying to control the game ourselves too much when away from home. It never seems to pay off. I'd play 5-4-1 with buchanan on the right and erskine on the left, obviously pushing forward a lot more than the midfield. buchanan has always eben a good crosser (probably better than finisher...) so if we played on the counter, to an extent, i think we might have more joy, whilst also being harder to break down.

Edited by PaleGreySky

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to defend well to secure at least a point. So my team (5-4-1) would be

Halliwell

Paton

Robertson

Balatoni

Archibald (if available)/Maxwell

Boyle

McNamara (holding midfielder)

Rowson

Flannigan

Cairney

Doolan

Subs

Scully

Maxwell/McGeough

McBeth

Bannigan

Donnelly

Buchanan

We have to give our youngsters experience from the bench. Hodge and Erskine have contributed little this season.

I'll stick by what I said last week that I'd include Buchanan as he & Doolan appear to be the best partnership. Certainly go three at the back as McNamara fine in the sweeper role but looked dodgy when we went to a back four.

.....................Halliwell

.........Balatoni....McNamara....Kinniburgh/Maxwell :o

Paton........................................................Boyle

.......................Rowson

......Cairney.......................Flannigan

...........Buchanan...........Doolan

Subs:

Hinchy

Kinniburgh/Maxwell

Erskine

Sid

Grhan

I'll stick by what I said last week that I'd include Buchanan as he & Doolan appear to be the best partnership. Certainly go three at the back as McNamara fine in the sweeper role but looked dodgy when we went to a back four.

Subs:

Hinchy

Kinniburgh/Maxwell

Erskine

Sid

Grhan

Is Robbo out tomorrow? Perhaps you don't rate him. I would expect to Archie in the squad, probably on the bench.

Subs:

Hinchy

Kinniburgh/Maxwell

Erskine

Sid

Grhan

Agree at the moment ... (also idea of 4 in front of a back 5 is mince, you need space for the wing backs to go forward). If want to be more defensive play someone like Donnelly in the 'hole' between midfield and forward line (maybe Buchanan is smart enough a footballer to play there too but haven't seen him do it) of course Doolan is the only player with the running to play alone up front.

When everyone's fit again (and Archie's got a few games under his belt) I think we could go to a back four again with Paton-Robertson-Archibald-Boyle and with Macnamara sitting in front of the back four giving extra cover but able to go forward at times without leaving gaps in defence. In that situation I think you could play a midfield four with Buchanan on the right and Doolan on his own up front. You'd need the likes of Cairney and/or Flannagan to have clear instructions to bomb forward to support Doolan whenever we had possession though.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Is Robbo out tomorrow? Perhaps you don't rate him. I would expect to Archie in the squad, probably on the bench.

Robertson's not ready yet but is expected to be back next week. Archie may feature - I think you could afford to risk him if we play a back 3 with Macnamara sweeping. Question is whether to bring Kinniburgh straight back or put him on the bench and keep Balatoni in - the young lad looks promising and has pace which we lack at the back but he does make mistakes and maybe we should bench him until the team gets back to some form.

Sorry I forgot about Archie and I was assuming Robbo was injured (he'd certainly be in my side) :thumbsup2:

I'd go with Kinniburgh at left centreback with the view to bringing Archie on later. I'd drop Maxwell from the squad.

halliwell

paton kinniburgh mcnamara archibald boyle

buchanan rowson flannigan erskine

doolan

i think we're better off not trying to control the game ourselves too much when away from home. It never seems to pay off. I'd play 5-4-1 with buchanan on the right and erskine on the left, obviously pushing forward a lot more than the midfield. buchanan has always eben a good crosser (probably better than finisher...) so if we played on the counter, to an extent, i think we might have more joy, whilst also being harder to break down.

McCall's preview on the official site suggests that your selection will be close his. The problem is that the 3 central defenders are all returning from injury. I would prefer to have Balatoni instead of Kinniburgh and Cairney instead of Erskine.

Today's team - http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/september_2010/team_v_queen_of_the_south

• Bryn Halliwell
  • Paul Paton
  • Paddy Boyle
  • Jackie McNamara
  • Alan Archibald
  • Willie Kinniburgh
  • Iain Flannigan
  • David Rowson
  • Liam Buchanan
  • Kris Doolan
  • Bryan Hodge

Subs

Craig Hinchcliffe

Simon Donnelly

Paul Cairney

Martin Grehan

Conrad Balatoni

I am disappointed that Kinniburgh and Hodge are in the side.

Today's team - http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/september_2010/team_v_queen_of_the_south

• Bryn Halliwell
  • Paul Paton
  • Paddy Boyle
  • Jackie McNamara
  • Alan Archibald
  • Willie Kinniburgh
  • Iain Flannigan
  • David Rowson
  • Liam Buchanan
  • Kris Doolan
  • Bryan Hodge

Subs

Craig Hinchcliffe

Simon Donnelly

Paul Cairney

Martin Grehan

Conrad Balatoni

I am disappointed that Kinniburgh and Hodge are in the side.

Hear hear! Bombscare and Backwards a fcuking double nightmare!