If Mccall Left The Club

Jagsman

I'm sure there are plenty of professionals that would apply for the job.

But before we consider that conundrum, let's concentrate on getting rid of him first.

And also of course the chaps in the boardroom who are responsible for hiring cos they haven't done very well with the past few appointments and could not be trusted with the next managerial appointment.

Change in the dugout and change in the boardroom.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Gus McPherson. His track record is better than McCall's.

Agreed 100%. He'll make us hard to beat and nowhere near as naive and easy to cut up as a McCall team. Even if its just a short term move to stir things up breathe some fresh air into the dressing room I'd be totally for this.

If McCall were to go though I see a cheap option, jobs for the boys dream team, comprising of any number of guys from Donnelly, Maxwell, McNamara and Hinchcliffe.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Gus McPherson. His track record is better than McCall's.

Easy enough to say who to go for, but I seriously doubt McPherson would be interested. Why would it excite him? Nae money, part-time football & surely a pretty crap wage for him. As has been said, we would get 1 of/a combination of: McNamara/Sid/Archie/Hinchy/Cameron.

Agreed 100%. He'll make us hard to beat and nowhere near as naive and easy to cut up as a McCall team. Even if its just a short term move to stir things up breathe some fresh air into the dressing room I'd be totally for this.

If McCall were to go though I see a cheap option, jobs for the boys dream team, comprising of any number of guys from Donnelly, Maxwell, McNamara and Hinchcliffe.

Sadly I agree with that :(

Pointless thread as...

A. He ain't gonna walk as he has nothing to walk to and

B. We ain't got the funds to pay him off as it would cripple/kill us

The problems at our club are deeper rooted than McCall.

Absolutely, the biggest problem the club has had over the last decade or so is the Board.

All other problems have stemmed from their decision making, their attitude to the fans etc, etc.

Until something can be done about them, the pattern is just going to repeat itself...

Well, until we go bust that is. Which probably isn't too far away judging by recent events...

:(

If mcpherson gets anywhere near the thistle managers job, I would not attend a single game, no matter the results or style of football. I think he is a short termist with terrible coaching/people skills. A bully and horribly ignorant to those around him. If anyone thinks he did a good job at st mirren, do a bit of research. Look at his backroom staff, cause i think the only time Gus was any good was when he was giving it media cuddles.

A horrible excuse for a human being IMO.

Word on the street is that MacPherson wasn't willing to take the Killie job until he had sorted his position with Saints (it was rumoured that our BoD were hoping a quick switch of teams would minimise the eventual pay-off) but if this has been settled then he might think that the Thistle job is better than radio punditry - also expectaions might be reasonably low as they were down our way when he took over.

He certainly made us hard to beat and a couple of shrewd signings helped us to the Division 1 championship in 2005/06. The high spot on his managerial stint with us was keeping us up in 2006/07 when we had the smallest budget in the SPL. After that season things started to go a bit sour, he was always complaining about a lack of budget when it was clearly on a par (sic) with the other bottom feeders in the SPL. The cup final was great (until about 84 minutes in :sad1: ) but plenty of mediocre teams have made it to a final in the last decade - winning would have been special. All managerial jobs (just about) have a shelf life and GM had reached his with Saints by the end of last season.

The problem for Thistle (as others have pointed out) is that managers don't walk these days - time was when they'd mysteriously turn up as reserve team coach elsewhere for a spell before rejoining the managerial gravy train at a third club, but that was then........

However if & when McCall goes then you could do a lot worse than MacPherson. :whistling:

The problem for Thistle (as others have pointed out) is that managers don't walk these days - time was when they'd mysteriously turn up as reserve team coach elsewhere for a spell before rejoining the managerial gravy train at a third club, but that was then........

However if & when McCall goes then you could do a lot worse than MacPherson. :whistling:

Has there ever been a manager who's run down their contract, like players do, and left for nothing? The closest I can think was D Lennon at Cowdenbeath who had a couple of months to run I think.

If Gus can get St Mirren into the SPL, then I reckon he must have a chance of doing it with us. Not sure how the budgets compare right enough.

My problem with McCall is that, as a manager, he's on the way down, and has been since midway through his Dundee Utd tenure.