If We Lose Our Next Two League Games...

Jaggernaut

If we get 0 points out of the next 6, we'll probably be detached from the rest of the league, stuck firmly at the bottom, and not even into the middle of October.

Crowds will plummet even further, there is no doubt. The team will probably have chucked it (some might say they already have). There is no money to bring in emergency cover, and no money to pay off McCall.

What do we do?

Of course, we might get 6 points out of 6, in which case McCall's plan will be starting to come to fruition.......

To quote a great poet: Ma heid's buzzled.

The club need to act fast, it’s far easier to lose fans than it is to gain them and once they are gone it’s hard to get them back. McCall must go to stop the mass exodus from Firhill before it’s too late

I'd say more correctly the results have to change to stop the mass exodus from Firhill. Personally I would be surprised if the Board were to find money that they'd use it to pay off McCall. I'd think it more likely they'd give McCall the cash in January. Either scenario appears to be rather unlikely.

I can see fans depart over McCall but I'm not so certain they'd return to watch the same players managed by the likes of some of the more realistic guys available. Besides the cash being used for the pay off would have to be recouped elsewhere, which would probably preclude making an offer attractive enough for all but untried novices (McNamara/Donnelly, Maxwell) or the serially sacked (Paul Hegarty, anyone?)

Btw we've just seen the departure of three directors who anecdotally or otherwise were evidently keeping folk away from Firhill. I assume those fans are now going to return :unsure: .

I'd say more correctly the results have to change to stop the mass exodus from Firhill. Personally I would be surprised if the Board were to find money that they'd use it to pay off McCall. I'd think it more likely they'd give McCall the cash in January. Either scenario appears to be rather unlikely.

I can see fans depart over McCall but I'm not so certain they'd return to watch the same players managed by the likes of some of the more realistic guys available. Besides the cash being used for the pay off would have to be recouped elsewhere, which would probably preclude making an offer attractive enough for all but untried novices (McNamara/Donnelly, Maxwell) or the serially sacked (Paul Hegarty, anyone?)

Btw we've just seen the departure of three directors who anecdotally or otherwise were evidently keeping folk away from Firhill. I assume those fans are now going to return :unsure: .

Nope, looks like they have now moved from one excuse to another. Should McCall go then im sure they would move to propco. Its just excuses, these people ain't thistle fans they are just glory hunters.

• Members

I assume those fans are now going to return :unsure: .

A former webmaster returned on Saturday, but I fear the very poor performance coupled with gate price on a part time wage may limit the amount of times she returns.

The problem with the stay away fans that the duo lost us, is that many of them were ST holders. Then when you need those folk to pay at the gate, and because they have got out of the habit of going they're less likely to return. These guys have caused a lot or irreparable damage to the Club.

I don't frankly see the point of Jags supporters abusing each other here or anywhere else. Honestly, anyone who was a glory hunter, well I think Partick Thistle would be the last team you'd choose to follow if that was your thing. I really and truly wish I had pearls of wisdom to impart or some witticism to offer that would make us all feel better.Unfortunately, this is the big bad world and nearly always the good guys don't win, but it sure as hell won't stop me trying though.

Edited by stillresigned

A former webmaster returned on Saturday, but I fear the very poor performance coupled with gate price on a part time wage may limit the amount of times she returns.

The problem with the stay away fans that the duo lost us, is that many of them were ST holders. Then when you need those folk to pay at the gate, and because they have got out of the habit of going they're less likely to return. These guys have caused a lot or irreparable damage to the Club.

I too was aware of the return of one of the Thistle Nations great unsung heroes. Perhaps those running this site will appreciate what she did over an extended period of time. And let us not forget Mr Cowan's role in effectively ending the life of ptfc.net.

It's a telling point in this age of uncertainty and austerity that fans feel that the cost of football at Firhill, and other places, is too high. Should we possibly consider a well publicised reduction of gate prices to encourage people to come back (cue howels of objection from Season Ticket holders - but not me) and even an abandonment of the Kids go free policy (to be replaced by a nominal cost, for some income is better than no income at all. Lets face it some of our rivals are making our kids and their folks pay through the nose.

It really is a case of cutting your clothe etc

I too was aware of the return of one of the Thistle Nations great unsung heroes. Perhaps those running this site will appreciate what she did over an extended period of time. And let us not forget Mr Cowan's role in effectively ending the life of ptfc.net.

It's a telling point in this age of uncertainty and austerity that fans feel that the cost of football at Firhill, and other places, is too high. Should we possibly consider a well publicised reduction of gate prices to encourage people to come back (cue howels of objection from Season Ticket holders - but not me) and even an abandonment of the Kids go free policy (to be replaced by a nominal cost, for some income is better than no income at all. Lets face it some of our rivals are making our kids and their folks pay through the nose.

It really is a case of cutting your clothe etc

This is quite rightly regarded as one of the positive things to come out of the club in the past few years. It certainly makes it more affordable. I was looking in the ET last week when I noticed an article about an ice hockey team playing at Breahead. I thought that the wee man might be interested and so I checked out the prices - £17 adult, £10 child. GTF - glad i didn't mention it to him.

If you were to reduce the adult rate, i'd happily pay £17 for a parent and child(ren) ticket, but to be honest i'd say around £20 would be my max. Do you think 'pay-what-you-can' would have the piss ripped out it? I think i'd chuck in £20 if it was pay what you can.

Sorry for getting off topic...

If we lose our next two league games, then there should be a mass gathering outside of the players entrance on Firhill Road demanding that mcCall resigns. I was somewhat surprised that there was no-one there at the end of the Dunfermline game and I hope apathy has not set in. Shouting from the stand alone will not change things.

Anyone with me?

This is quite rightly regarded as one of the positive things to come out of the club in the past few years. It certainly makes it more affordable. I was looking in the ET last week when I noticed an article about an ice hockey team playing at Breahead. I thought that the wee man might be interested and so I checked out the prices - £17 adult, £10 child. GTF - glad i didn't mention it to him.

If you were to reduce the adult rate, i'd happily pay £17 for a parent and child(ren) ticket, but to be honest i'd say around £20 would be my max. Do you think 'pay-what-you-can' would have the piss ripped out it? I think i'd chuck in £20 if it was pay what you can.

Sorry for getting off topic...

Actually... tickets prices are tiered for the Braehead Clan, with adult tickets at £13, £15 and £17, and U14 tickets at £7, £10 and £17, as seen Here. I'd imagine most families would be in the Bronze tier, where an adult and child would cost £20.

I'm very doubtful of McCall's ability to motivate this team far less get them winning games. However, it's worth noting that in Lambie's first season in the Second Division (98 - 99, I think, but my memory's cr*p for these things) at the end of the first quarter we had lost 7, drawn 1 and won one....

After that we didn't lose a game until mid-January, except (shudder) away to Ross County when Bud got sent off, Albert Craig ended up in goal and George Shaw scored the winner against us...

Admittedly the season kinda finished mid - February as it became clear we weren't going up or down, but I think most of us could just about handle a season like that considering the current position. Oh and Martin Hardie made his Thistle debut that season in April (?) scoring the winner away to Ross County...

If we lose our next two league games, then there should be a mass gathering outside of the players entrance on Firhill Road demanding that mcCall resigns. I was somewhat surprised that there was no-one there at the end of the Dunfermline game and I hope apathy has not set in. Shouting from the stand alone will not change things.

Anyone with me?

Aye. :angry: ... But I aint sure a change of gaffer will help. It's definately time to turn the heat up on the playin staff and the management show them we do care though. You're absolutely right, abuse from the stands is par for the course now, just another part of their saturday routine to ignore it. I won't be demanding resignations or picking on any one player. But reckon I could rustle up a couple of likely lads to hang aboot, look menacing and put the fear on these under-acheiving professionals. "what a load of rubbish" chanting should be the general theme.

shame the directors have already walked... "Oh we hate sheep-skin coats, oh we hate sheep-skin coats" .... :lol: ... the 80's ... shit!... i'm getting old :huh: