McCall's Marhill Magyars v. The Broch.

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I was disappointed because it was an opportunity to get the fans excited for the new season and maybe generate some interest in ST sales, which seem to be flagging. I guess we need to make allowances for the heat, but even at 2-0, we were one mistake away from it being nervy. 

I take your points re excitement and season ticket sales, perhaps a point I didn’t consider. I just think games like that, when it is that easy it’s hard to inject intensity and if it wasn’t for poor finishing I think on the performance we could have won by quite a few. I suspect Saturday will provide a better challenge to see how exciting we can be at home with our new shiny pitch. :D

1 hour ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

I take your points re excitement and season ticket sales, perhaps a point I didn’t consider. I just think games like that, when it is that easy it’s hard to inject intensity and if it wasn’t for poor finishing I think on the performance we could have won by quite a few. I suspect Saturday will provide a better challenge to see how exciting we can be at home with our new shiny pitch. :D

Let’s win the game first before taking the foot off the gas. 

8 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Think some on here are being a bit negative. It was basically a friendly that game we must have had about 85% of the ball and their keeper made at least 3 brilliant saves off the top my head as well as a few other chances we could have easily won by 4 or 5 (although you could argue poor finishing I guess). We where so so comfortable that we didn’t really need to up a gear in all honesty. Job done, onto Montrose and a win secures top spot which is something we haven’t managed for a few years so have to be happy with that. I do agree however that the team that started today lacked pace and one of if not both fitzy and tiff when fit should both play on the wings in my opinion. Lastly, how good is it having full backs who over lap, get forward and deliver dangerous crosses? What a difference from last season it’s a genuine night and day scenario. 

The trouble is that the powderpuff attack was our achilleas heal last season, so it is hard to tell if this was foot off the gas or nothing has changed.

For Graham’s goal I was shouting “someone do something” at all the sideways passes. And that was the highlights when I knew they were about to score

8 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Think some on here are being a bit negative. It was basically a friendly that game we must have had about 85% of the ball and their keeper made at least 3 brilliant saves off the top my head as well as a few other chances we could have easily won by 4 or 5 (although you could argue poor finishing I guess). We where so so comfortable that we didn’t really need to up a gear in all honesty. Job done, onto Montrose 

You're perhaps making the assumption that we can go up and down gears with relative ease. I think we'll beat Montrose but I'm far from convinced we'll go into the Dundee game anywhere near 100% ready. The strength in depth aspect to our squad is most welcome but it comes at a price. That price I sense is we won't be exactly hitting the ground running up at Dens. Once again, but at least for better reasons this season, McCall will be experimenting past the league start.

That game last night was our last but one till we start our League campaign. That's what's worrying me, the timescale as opposed to performances to date. 

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

One of the other bemusing aspects of Tuesday’s game is why did he no bring on Brownlie instead of Akinola ? 

I'm guessing Brownlie will still need to be eased back in after so long out. Expect him to start on Saturday.