Paton Kinniburgh Robertson Archibald Boyle

.......Cairney McNamara Flannigan

.............Grehan Doolan

Hinchcliffe

Balatoni

Buchanan

Bannigan

Erskine

Fair enough for a starting lineup. I'd struggle to pick between kinniburgh and balatoni cos they're both awful. McNamara in midfield will hopefully work better and Flannigan is a good player. Let's just see what happens, but i don't think we'll get more than one goal with the players we have.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the same formation every week and have suffered 6 defeats in 7 games.

I would have gone for 4-4-2 to give it a real go.

Halliwell

Paton Robertson Archibald Boyle

Cairney McNamara Flannigan Bannigan

Doolan Grehan

I would have had Burns on the bench instead of Erskine.

................Halliwell

Paton Kinniburgh Robertson Archibald Boyle

.......Cairney McNamara Flannigan

.............Grehan Doolan

Hinchcliffe

Balatoni

Buchanan

Bannigan

Erskine

Fair enough for a starting lineup. I'd struggle to pick between kinniburgh and balatoni cos they're both awful. McNamara in midfield will hopefully work better and Flannigan is a good player. Let's just see what happens, but i don't think we'll get more than one goal with the players we have.

probably about the best we could have picked from the players weve got, i fear for us today to be honest, not looking forward to gillette soccer saturday at all! please give us a win or else we're truly humped this season

Donnelly is a big element in the way we play. Tippy tappy edge-of-box stuff that might work when you're laying the ball off to Pierre Van Hooijdonk or Paulo Di Canio, but not when you're laying it off to Liam Buchana or Brian Hodge (when was the last time either of thes eplayers hit the ball cleanly? *seriously, pay attention to Hodge and the proportion of shots, cross and long passes he mishits*).

I think it's about time Grehan and Doolan get a chance to see if that partnership works. I think the way Doolan plays and the sort of player he is means we need to be playing him every week. Good attitude, shoots on sight and defends from the front. Hopefully Grehan will make us less predictable. People will disagree, but if I was manager I'd give Chris Erskine a run up front. He shoots, can make space for himself and gets by defenders when he really shouldn't.

Does anyone know what the problem is with Soccer saturday and the screen layout ?

Probably been mentioned previously !

Someone told me that sky are doing it on purpose to force people to HD !

Cheers

Wouldn't be surprised! It's awful now and I've just stopped watching it.

Donnelly is a big element in the way we play. Tippy tappy edge-of-box stuff that might work when you're laying the ball off to Pierre Van Hooijdonk or Paulo Di Canio, but not when you're laying it off to Liam Buchana or Brian Hodge (when was the last time either of thes eplayers hit the ball cleanly? *seriously, pay attention to Hodge and the proportion of shots, cross and long passes he mishits*).

I think it's about time Grehan and Doolan get a chance to see if that partnership works. I think the way Doolan plays and the sort of player he is means we need to be playing him every week. Good attitude, shoots on sight and defends from the front. Hopefully Grehan will make us less predictable. People will disagree, but if I was manager I'd give Chris Erskine a run up front. He shoots, can make space for himself and gets by defenders when he really shouldn't.

100% agreement from me on all of those points.