Scottish Cups Pop Up 2023-24

BowenBoys

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Standings after Men's Semi finals

image.png.8c1b964bd933fbeed7f7f2629e1ffa02.png

VBJ marches on and remains 9 points ahead of second and 18 points ahead of third.

Predictions for Finals open next weekend after Women's Semi finals.

Having to call a VAR review on myself here. My brain was clearly scrambled when making my predictions and I began on the basis that A is for Aberdeen! Having got that wrong I went for the opposite result H in the 2nd game, on the basis that overdog v underdog has to be the opposite of underdog v overdog.

Therefore I cannot in all good conscience hold on to 14 points gained by fraud, error or whatever. Sporting integrity demands that these be forfeited. Apologies for causing you extra work. 

However, similar to the scenario playing out at the foot of the English premiership I cannot let my fellow contestants go into the last round of fixtures not knowing where they stand.

I think that I can still avoid relegation even without these extra points.

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Having to call a VAR review on myself here. My brain was clearly scrambled when making my predictions and I began on the basis that A is for Aberdeen! Having got that wrong I went for the opposite result H in the 2nd game, on the basis that overdog v underdog has to be the opposite of underdog v overdog.

Therefore I cannot in all good conscience hold on to 14 points gained by fraud, error or whatever. Sporting integrity demands that these be forfeited. Apologies for causing you extra work. 

However, similar to the scenario playing out at the foot of the English premiership I cannot let my fellow contestants go into the last round of fixtures not knowing where they stand.

I think that I can still avoid relegation even without these extra points.

I don’t think it is really an issue. You would still need snookers to catch elevenone

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I don’t think it is really an issue. You would still need snookers to catch elevenone

Fair point. When I saw that I had been credited with 14 points, I thought that Hearts must have won today and Celtic had been disqualified for fielding an ineligible player yesterday. Bit disappointed to find out that neither scenario was true.

• Like 1

Everyone has made predictions for the Women's Semis. There are no secrets, they are all on the thread. The top five have all made the same predictions. Points difference would remain the  same. With most players at least 18 points off the leader and only 15 points available in the Finals, most players will be eliminated when the deadline passes this Friday.

Of course, some may be planning to change their predictions before 1pm on Friday. Just saying...