Scottish Cups Pop Up 2023-24

BowenBoys

This really is the big one. Incorporating the 139th Scottish Cup and the 53rd Women's Scottish Cup from the First Rounds to the Final ties. All 158 matches.

Usual rules apply with one important exception. No longer will predictions be determined by results in the previous round. Every player will be able to make a prediction for every game.

The draw for the Men's First Round takes place this evening (Sunday). The Women's Preliminary Round games are played next weekend and the draw for their First Round will follow.

Here is a timetable of fixtures over the next nine months.

ScottishCupTimetable.thumb.png.6797d0fc6508cf9524bdbda73fb30a19.png

How to play

Select the winning team in each Scottish Cup tie. Simples.

Seeding

For scoring purposes, teams are seeded as shown below

MEN
Premiership
Championship
League One
League Two
Highland League / Lowland League
EoSFL / WoSFL / SoSFL / Others

WOMEN
SPFL 1
SPFL 2
Championship
League One
SWFL / Highlands & Islands League

Scoring

One point awarded for each correct prediction in the First Rounds. This increases by one point in each subsequent round. Therefore, predicting the winner in the Men's Final is worth 8 points; in the Women's Final, 7 points.

If your chosen team beats a team with a higher seeding, additional points will be awarded commensurate with the difference in seeding level. Should the victory be away from home, one further point will be awarded.
As an aid, the seeding points available in each tie will be shown in the published fixtures.

Logistics

The fixtures for each round will be published here shortly after each draw takes place.

Post your entries on this thread. "H" for home win, "A" for away win. Please post as a single string of letters (hereafter known as HAHAs). This enables me to copy and paste into spreadsheet with little intervention, thus reducing the chance of errors.

Post your entries before the deadline stated alongside each set of fixtures. I'm not too strict about this but it's annoying. Should your entry arrive after any matches have kicked off, however, entries for those games will be void.

League table will be published after the completion of each round.

Edited by BowenBoys
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

That time again. Time flies.

Thanks to @BowenBoys for doing this and good luck to everybody who enters particularly @partickthedog because if he does well it means the underdogs are doing well.

Thanks to both Bowen Boys and Auld Jag. My interpretation of the new rules is that they are underdog friendly, ie when one set of extremely underdog underdogs departs the scene, rather than my number of choices being severely restricted, they can be replaced by another set of slightly less underdog underdogs, but nonetheless still underdogs in that specific context in comparison with the overdogs they are challenging, ie the supply of potential underdogs (though progressively less underdog-like) will be self-replenishing. 

I hope that I have got it, or I might just have confused myself and everybody else totally.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Thanks to both Bowen Boys and Auld Jag. My interpretation of the new rules is that they are underdog friendly, ie when one set of extremely underdog underdogs departs the scene, rather than my number of choices being severely restricted, they can be replaced by another set of slightly less underdog underdogs, but nonetheless still underdogs in that specific context in comparison with the overdogs they are challenging, ie the supply of potential underdogs (though progressively less underdog-like) will be self-replenishing. 

I hope that I have got it, or I might just have confused myself and everybody else totally.🤔

Correct ptd. Those entering the competition from the left field will have many more opportunities to score no points  🙂

OP updated now with full competition info..

• Thanks 1

Men's First Round fixtures

Cowdenbeath   v   Linlithgow Rose
Clachnacuddin   v   Inverurie Loco Works
Dalkeith Thistle   v   Clydebank
Formartine United   v   Threave Rovers   -  A2
Dunipace   v   Cumnock
Gala Fairydean Rovers   v   Strathspey Thistle
Wick Academy   v   Jeanfield Swifts   -  A2
Lossiemouth   v   Beith   -  A2
Edinburgh University   v   Dunbar United   -  A2
Caledonian Braves   v   Fraserburgh
Banks O' Dee   v   Dalbeattie Star   -  A2
Broomhill   v   Cumbernauld Colts
Bo'ness United   v   Darvel   -  A2
Turriff United   v   Sauchie   -  A2
Golspie Sutherland   v   Forres Mechanics   -  H1
Culter   v   Deveronvale   -  H1
Tayport   v   Buckie Thistle   -  H1
Camelon   v   Civil Service Strollers   -  H1
Brechin City   v   Rothes
East Stirlingshire   v   Huntly
Penicuik Athletic   v   Pollok
Musselburgh Athletic   v   Gretna 2008   -  H1
East Kilbride   v   Whitehill Welfare   -  A2
University of Stirling   v   Albion Rovers
Keith   v   Luncarty   -  A2
Broxburn Athletic   v   Nairn County   -  H1
Dundonald Bluebell   v   Kilwinning Rangers
Brora Rangers   v   Berwick Rangers
Tranent Juniors   v   Hutchison Vale   -  A2
St Andrews United   v   Auchinleck Talbot

Ties to be played on the weekend of 23 September

30 ties to predict. It gets easier after this monster round.

Deadline for entries 1pm, Friday 22 September

1 minute ago, BowenBoys said:

Just for fun VBJ. A throwback to those long lost days of endless summers and change from a fiver in the pub.

OK cheers, I'll give it a bash this year. Re the fiver in the pub, I ofter tell my much younger colleagues that when I started drinking, I'd be able to get pished for a fiver on a Thursday night and on a Saturday I could get pished and a taxi back home from town for a tenner! I was absolutely deviststed when pints started costing more than a pound!