Give Yourself A Little Thrill

I'm bloody working all weekend and won't even get to see the match, reading that makes me feel like phoning in and saying ' ram yer work, am gawn tae the jags game!

if we win it will be brilliant and I can still celebrate without having the 3 and a half hour drive down the road, if we get beat then shecht, and I still don't have to drive down the road!

whether or not that's the case, opinions will differ.

And Tongue in cheek... Or not.

Do you think it's acceptable for such a comment to be made on the official club site?

When the article is quite clearly one contributors opinion rather than the view of the club, yes I dont have a problem with it.

couldn't agree more.

Shocking that no one proof read that. Or if they did, felt it acceptable to publish.

I really hope that sort of crap is not regularly published in his programme articles.

Gibson was highly rated but other than one great cross to Hardie and the Dundee goal he did nothing in a Jags shirt.

Personally, didn't have an issue with the article, it was one fans passionate view of why its great to be a Jag.

I'm working Sunday, but come 3 pm I'll be thinking of nothing else than how the jags are getting on.

"The expectation will be huge, the anticipation profound."

Will it? This guy is off his cake. It's the Challenge Cup.

The club have promoted the "young Jags" very well over the last 3 years or so. For nearly all of them this is their first experience of seeing the jags in a semi final. I'm sure all of them are excited about it. Personally I've just turned 39 and I sure as hell can't remember too many semi finals, regardless of competition.

We've had very little to smile about in 2010 , so why not get excited about Sunday ?

Can we agree then that if we lose on Sunday you don't come on here calling for McCall's head......as after all, "It's only the challenge cup".

The club have promoted the "young Jags" very well over the last 3 years or so. For nearly all of them this is their first experience of seeing the jags in a semi final. I'm sure all of them are excited about it. Personally I've just turned 39 and I sure as hell can't remember too many semi finals, regardless of competition.

We've had very little to smile about in 2010 , so why not get excited about Sunday ?

Can we agree then that if we lose on Sunday you don't come on here calling for McCall's head......as after all, "It's only the challenge cup".

Firstly, I've been calling for McCall's head for a long time. He is hopeless and must go. What happens on Sunday is an irrelevance to my opinion of McCall.

Secondly, the importance of this match is so minimal that any young fan who has seen any other match (assuming thier only other games weren't also Challenege Cup ties) will have seen a more important game in their time watching Thistle no matter how short that may be. Yes semi finals are a rare thing with Thistle, many of them will not remember 2002 etc but last seasons game against Dundee United was more important. This seasons defeat to Falkirk in the League Cup was more important. The last league home game against Dunfermline was more important.

For example if you don't count the Tennents Sixes, a Challenge Cup final would be my first cup final. Am I excited about the prospect? Not really. I'd go, I'd celebrate the win, I'd probably enjoy myself. But it wouldn't be a glamorous fixture, it wouldn't be an important fixture and it wouldn't be an exciting fixture. The Challenge Cup is garbage.

I'm more excited about the Scottish Cup Draw than I am about any semi final/final of this competition. Incidently, when is the Scottish Cup Draw and when is the first round we're involved in?

Firstly, I've been calling for McCall's head for a long time. He is hopeless and must go. What happens on Sunday is an irrelevance to my opinion of McCall.

Secondly, the importance of this match is so minimal that any young fan who has seen any other match (assuming thier only other games weren't also Challenege Cup ties) will have seen a more important game in their time watching Thistle no matter how short that may be. Yes semi finals are a rare thing with Thistle, many of them will not remember 2002 etc but last seasons game against Dundee United was more important. This seasons defeat to Falkirk in the League Cup was more important. The last league home game against Dunfermline was more important.

For example if you don't count the Tennents Sixes, a Challenge Cup final would be my first cup final. Am I excited about the prospect? Not really. I'd go, I'd celebrate the win, I'd probably enjoy myself. But it wouldn't be a glamorous fixture, it wouldn't be an important fixture and it wouldn't be an exciting fixture. The Challenge Cup is garbage.

I'm more excited about the Scottish Cup Draw than I am about any semi final/final of this competition. Incidently, when is the Scottish Cup Draw and when is the first round we're involved in?

Fair enough, don't agree with you but fair enough.

As for scottish cup , I think we enter it in the third round, usually played around november/december.

I thought the tongue in cheek reference was in keeping with the rest of the article. I enjoyed it (the whole article).

I thought Kenny's article was good and original. However, the original bits were not good and the good bits were not original. Five out of ten.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I've always wanted to do that to a schoolteacher.)

I thought Kenny's article was good and original. However, the original bits were not good and the good bits were not original. Five out of ten.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I've always wanted to do that to a schoolteacher.)

:sign:

Are you chewing gum on this forum?

:smartass: