Paul Paton's

angry gaz

Well done son.Taken plenty of stick from the fans on the forum and at the games (including me,big time) but showed as if you still give a monkeys. :thumbsup2:

An excellent defensive display also,Twaddle in his back pocket all day.Now work on getting further up the park to cross the ball and you'll become a hero.

Wasn't that long ago at Raith he was showing just what he thought of the fans........ :thinking:

quite right, too; given the abuse that so many of you were aiming at the lad. He's so much improved from last season, as has his partner on the other wing. Mibbe worth bearing in mind before you next want to vent your spleen on here or at a game when a player is not quite cutting it?

quite right, too; given the abuse that so many of you were aiming at the lad. He's so much improved from last season, as has his partner on the other wing. Mibbe worth bearing in mind before you next want to vent your spleen on here or at a game when a player is not quite cutting it?

Paton's defending has always been good ,it's when he gets beyond the halfway line the problem starts.Two yards in and woof a hopless punt back to the opposition.Without doubt PP has given away possesion more than any other player for the last two seasons but for that McCall is probablly more to blame than Paton.To sit and watch that as manager and say and do nothing is a disgrace.It's frustrating because it's somthing that could clearly be worked on and hasn't at a club that seems to have a zillion coaches.

Paton had a great game on Saturday because he was defending for almost the whole game and got his goal from having possesion up at the oppositions penalty box and not punting it away at the halfway line.There is a very good player in there somewhere but I feel a lack of advice is holding him back.

i'd never knock payton for his effort, and hes a great tackler

but...

Up until he scored on saturday I was telling my Celtic supporting mate who had come along how embarressing it was that the guy cant kick the ball with his left foot and when he gets into opponents half, 9 times out of 10 its two touches then boot it diagonally to the left.

Its horribly frustrating, I think he could be a really good player if he works on his attacking play and left foot, but sadly see no evidence of that so far, and where i sit he gets a really fair deal in comparison to Boyle who i think gives just as much effort but does seem to be improving more