Sharing The Points

beep0608

It occurred to me that we've not had a single draw this season, none at all actually unless you count the Ross County 2-2, though we lost that on penalties. It wasn't the league, and I hardly count the Challenge Cup as a serious fixture....

Anyway, I remembered a long run last season too. So checked.

0-0 v Raith Rovers on Monday 19th April, a.k.a. Night of the Living Dead, which broke a depressing run of losses, but was our first draw since another 2-2 in Dingwall, on 24th October 2009. So, that makes one draw in more than a year.

It gets sillier. Guess who the previous draw was against, 6 weeks earlier? Raith again. Previous to that? A month earlier....Ross County again. Weird.

You get more points from losing one week then winning the next, compared to 2 draws, but it's surely remarkable. I'm not sure if it means anything....

Edited by beep0608

It occurred to me that we've not had a single draw this season, none at all actually unless you count the Ross County 2-2, though we lost that on penalties. It wasn't the league, and I hardly count the Challenge Cup as a serious fixture....

Anyway, I remembered a long run last season too. So checked.

0-0 v Raith Rovers on Monday 19th April, a.k.a. Night of the Living Dead, which broke a depressing run of losses, but was our first draw since another 2-2 in Dingwall, on 24th October 2009. So, that makes one draw in more than a year.

You get more points from losing one week then winning the next, compared to 2 draws, but it's surely remarkable. I'm not sure if it means anything....

So odds on a draw against Morton then!

It's been a major worry for me for a while now. You know when either we equalise or the other team equalises against us there is going to be another goal.

It will cost us vital points this season, points in which only a couple can be the difference in the top half or bottom half finish at the end of the season.

It's been a major worry for me for a while now. You know when either we equalise or the other team equalises against us there is going to be another goal.

It will cost us vital points this season, points in which only a couple can be the difference in the top half or bottom half finish at the end of the season.

I'm starting to think it does mean something. If it's purely coincidence then it's one helluva coincidence. At least we've won some this season, but the inability to come back when behind and get a point must be a worry. In fact, the lesson seems to be that if we go behind we lose, as we've not come from behind to win, at least not in the league.

That's one draw in a year+. That was 0-0, against a knackered Raith, so it doesn't even work against that theory. Some teams don't know when they're beaten. We do. When we go behind....

Edited by beep0608

I'm starting to think it does mean something. If it's purely coincidence then it's one helluva coincidence. At least we've won some this season, but the inability to come back when behind and get a point must be a worry. In fact, the lesson seems to be that if we go behind we lose, as we've not come from behind to win, at least not in the league.

That's one draw in a year+. That was 0-0, against a knackered Raith, so it doesn't even work against that theory. Some teams don't know when they're beaten. We do. When we go behind....

Exactly. The last time we came from behind to win a league game was when we beat Airdrie 5v2, last December.

As as I've said before, like a numbers of others there's no character in this team.

Exactly. The last time we came from behind to win a league game was when we beat Airdrie 5v2, last December.

As as I've said before, like a numbers of others there's no character in this team.

Really? I knew this season but hadn't worked that out for last, though I did wonder.

That is damning.

I think since McCall took us over we have not came back from being 2 goals down.

Standing passing in wee triangles at the edge of the half-way line is unlikely to lead to even one goal, never mind two.

Impressed by our support at Dundee on Saturday in spite of folk saying they weren't going, I ended up wondering why we do it, when if we're lucky (and as results show clearly), we're lucky if we win one away match out of every four or five. It's a lot of money spent, for what; certainly nothing that the team really gives us back in return.

We dont concentrate for 90 minutes - for me thats the reason we dont get draws. How many games have been drawn on 80 minutes which we then go on to lose. This season - QOS, County, Dundee have scored late goals and both Stirling and Cowden have come back to beat us from being a goal down.

Doolans late goal on the final day of last season, being the recent exception, both in terms of result and quality.

In our 8 defeats we've shipped 20 goals while with our 4 wins we've only scored 5 goals. I think that's most alarming. OK, the defence has mucked up big style on occasions, most notably at Starks & Forthbank, but on the whole it's been at the other end of the park that's given us most grief. We've only scored more than one goal in a game twice in 12 attempts. Half of our defeats could have been turned into draws if we had scored a 2nd goal.

In short had Buchanan been a semblance of his former self we'd probably have picked up a few draws along the way.

In our 8 defeats we've shipped 20 goals while with our 4 wins we've only scored 5 goals. I think that's most alarming. OK, the defence has mucked up big style on occasions, most notably at Starks & Forthbank, but on the whole it's been at the other end of the park that's given us most grief. We've only scored more than one goal in a game twice in 12 attempts. Half of our defeats could have been turned into draws if we had scored a 2nd goal.

In short had Buchanan been a semblance of his former self we'd probably have picked up a few draws along the way.

In our 4 wins in the league this season we have kept clean sheets.

:happy2: and we have only failed to score in 3 league games this season, for me there have been 2 major problems and the good Lady has identified both...defensive calamities and Liam not scoring.

And the last time we scored more than 2 goals in a game, was when we beat Airdrie 5-2 away, on 12th Dec 2009.