Bobby Law Day

lennythistle

I received an email from the club tonight and it read as follows:

"We have spoken with Bobby Law and he cannot attend the match this saturday, HOWEVER, he is more than happy to attend a game this season.

This therefore gives us the chance to organise a Bobby Law day to help make up for the fact he never received a testimonial.

RAVE ON"

Sounds good to me.

Good news in the sense that it gives more time for folk to find out about this, whether via the internet, word of mouth etc. I'd like to think this would be a nice incentive for some lapsed fans to come back, even just the once this season.

Hopefully it encourages a larger crowd to come along an salute Bobby and a win on the day would top it off nicely.

I received an email from the club tonight and it read as follows:

"We have spoken with Bobby Law and he cannot attend the match this saturday, HOWEVER, he is more than happy to attend a game this season.

This therefore gives us the chance to organise a Bobby Law day to help make up for the fact he never received a testimonial.

RAVE ON"

Sounds good to me.

Excellent News. His chance to get a well-deserved salute from the Jags support.

How about a 5 a-side Lawman vs Outlaws, 5 minutes each way, at halftime on the day?

I'm sure such half-time entertainment would be cracking and help swell the days attendance. Surely there must be 9 or 10 explayers out there who played with him, who could don the Home and Away tops for 10 minutes?

Then a wee presentation on the pitch, a speech from the Law Legend and then the current lot (who are made to spend their half-time in the main stand watching proceedings) can come out inspired and bang in 4 goals in second half against whomever the opposition is that day?

It would be such a Perfect Day.

How about a 5 a-side Lawman vs Outlaws, 5 minutes each way, at halftime on the day?

It would be such a Perfect Day.

...and I'd be glad I spent it with you.

Nominations for the teams? I suspect we can probably come up with outlaws more readily than good guys!

Chic Charnley

John Donnelly...

Nominations for the teams? I suspect we can probably come up with outlaws more readily than good guys!

Chic Charnley

John Donnelly...

Chic

Alan Dinnie

Albert Craig

Steve Pittman

Roughie

Now only if i could think of some outlaws !!! (Roughie in there due to his radio phone in being criminal !!!!).

Lawmen

Andy Murdoch

Davie Elliott

The Lawman

OK, I'm stuck.

Chic

Alan Dinnie

Albert Craig

Steve Pittman

Roughie

Now only if i could think of some outlaws !!! (Roughie in there due to his radio phone in being criminal !!!!).

Lawmen

Andy Murdoch

Davie Elliott

The Lawman

OK, I'm stuck.

Isn't Gerry Britton a law-man of sorts?

Chris Erskine: defies the laws of physics.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Chic Charnley

John Donnelly...

Did John Donnelly not pass away a few years ago (or am I confusing him with another ex-player?)

Chic

Alan Dinnie

Albert Craig

Steve Pittman

Roughie

Lawmen

Andy Murdoch

Davie Elliott

The Lawman

OK, I'm stuck.

As Thin Lizzy once said 'There's gonna be a jailbreak tonight.....to get that team together!'

Greg Watson joined the polis after he hung up his boots I'm sure.

Bumped into him while he was official business coming out my close. Had a nice blether for about 10 minutes. Dawned on me afterwards that living where I do being seen having a friendly chat with a polis probably isn't a good idea. :P

Would still like to know which one of my neighbours he was visiting and why!

You know something,in these days of depression,cuts,pish weather and misery the thought of a Bobby Law Day has really warmed my heart.The guy was never going to be a superstar or one of the Thistle greats but every time he went out on the pitch he gave it all.Sometimes "all" was pish right enough but that doesn't matter, I'd rather have 11 average guys giving everything than 11 imposters giving a performance once in a blue moon.

Bobby Law Day is for all of us average guys who may never be superheroes but always turn up and just bloody do it.

.........................RAVE ON.

You know something,in these days of depression,cuts,pish weather and misery the thought of a Bobby Law Day has really warmed my heart.The guy was never going to be a superstar or one of the Thistle greats but every time he went out on the pitch he gave it all.Sometimes "all" was pish right enough but that doesn't matter, I'd rather have 11 average guys giving everything than 11 imposters giving a performance once in a blue moon.

Bobby Law Day is for all of us average guys who may never be superheroes but always turn up and just bloody do it.

.........................RAVE ON.

well said that man!!! we've had a few players of that type over the years, John Workman, Willie Jamieson & Don McVicar come to mind, but the Lawman did it for longer than most

How about we turn the bing into a huge floral clock, only instead of a clock face we have a huge Bobby Law face smiling down on our current crop of stars?

fantastic thought. What an inspiration when the team is feeling down to look up and see such an inspirational encouraging coupon. :P