Jags Trust Announcment (Part Two)

jags365

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Further to the appointments made on Monday, we're please to announce that Bob Carey-Greive will be co-opted onto the Trust Board.

Please also see the reply to David Beattie's comments made on the offical website and programme, here.

Never post when angry so I'll limit this to the following comment;

Any chance of the Jags Trust showing their members the "courtesy" of allowing them to have a say in who they choose to select for the position of Board Rep rather than merely select an individual who was so interested in the position that they didn't put their name forward for nomination.

Oh aye, and since when did the JTB have a clue of when copy of the programme goes to the printers?

Edited by Tom Hosie

Further to the appointments made on Monday, we're please to announce that Bob Carey-Greive will be co-opted onto the Trust Board.

Please also see the reply to David Beattie's comments made on the offical website and programme, here.

3 points,

firstly before this statement regarding david beatties comments in the programme was released has the trust been in contact with the board to express there problems with the programme notes (the trusts i may add as alot of members on here seem to back it).

secondly, how have the new selections to the JT board taken place, did they approach yourselfs or are these people you know previously and you's approached them

thirdly and this is more for some of the JT members that are distant to firhill, how abot a wee bio on who the trust board is as in there background, how long they have supported where they sit (so someone can maybe put a face to the name) do they go to all the games are they members of supporters buses etc etc

I had such hope for the future when i joined the trust......now it seems like a waste of time.

That's an absolutely unbelievable statement - and not in a good way.

The Trust as it is, is making itself completely irrelevant to the club Board with this pathetic hand-wringing and more importantly it's making itself irrelevant to the supporters. If the members of the Trust Board do not think that the Trust is in disarray then look again. There have been mass resignations and the inference that we have to draw is that those who have left could no longer work with those left behind. Given that the visible, active, dynamic and professional side of the JTB are the departures, don't expect people to buy into the idea that the Trust is a stable and productive unit right now.

Add to that, the fact is that there are people gathering names to force an EGM to get rid of the leaders of this hegemony that has dogged and dragged the Trust to this precipice. The Trust is now an embarassment and without wholesale change in its Board and its method of leadership and activity it will remain an embarassment.

Those remaining at this point should announce an election as soon as possible and every single one of them stand down. The shares that the Trust holds are too important to allow it to be terminally damaged.

The statement has been drafted in name of "Jags Trust" so this is meant to reflect the feelings of the members of the JT is it?

Not in my name.

What a shambles, and a clear cut example of what Mr Beattie referred to in his notes.

Let's get a proper supporters association sorted out and leave these incompetents to it.

Can I get my tenner back by the way?

How about the Trust, and I direct this at any of the main players who are bound to read this forum but never seem to show themselves organise another public meeting, like the one two months ago.

As a fan and at one stage a possible member I want an explanation face to face on what exactly is going on and MORE IMPORTANTLY how they can to plan to make the Trust progress as the supporters representatives.

They seem to be doing more harm than good at present. Is this the act of the Cowan/Hughes supporters who didn't want them to go?

Edited by northernsoul

I rejoined only a week ago expressly to take part in whatever movement there was to clear them all out. I was in two minds about whether it was worth it because the Trust is seriously damaged goods, but you live in hope until it is finally stomped out of you.

Judging by the way the topic has utterly failed to take hold on the forum and now with this ludicrous, whining and misleading statement, walking away and leaving them to it seems the best option. What their shenanigans have to do with representing the fans and finding ways of working with the club is beyond me.

:shok:

WOW.

:shocked:

That is some suicide note from the JT.

Talk about heads so far up their anuses.

So much wrong with that statement (it's layout, grammar, spelling, content, tone, 'facts' and much more), i'd be here all night picking holes in it.

I am no fan of the club board, haven't been for a long time. But given the choice between the current club board and the JT, it's a no-brainer.

Reading it again, it perhaps gives us the clearest insight yet, as to the attitudes and stupidness that the JT is (and has been) infected with for longer than i care to remember, and this why so many 'good people' have tried to help and work with (or for) the JT, but ended up walking away exasperated and worn down by those who run it as their own wee elite clique.

jags365, i exclude you from this, as you seem a decent guy and are hanging on in there as the sole 'outsider' (why i don't know tbh), but for the rest of the JT board, i don't think they have a braincell between them.

It's no wonder stolenscone, honved and many others have walked away and left them to it - you just can't reason with idiots.

It's also noteable that despite the recent departures (as well as before it) not once have we seen any direct posts, comments or interaction from the clique towards the general support (or even the JT membership), through this or previous forums, despite the numerous threads and discussions that take place online. Little people such as us are obviously deemed not worthy of speaking to or bothering with.

I gave up on the JT after the 1876/centenary fund joke of a vote - tom and david had got me slightly interested and supportive again, but since they left, and even more-so tonight with this 'statement', there is no way i could ever join the JT or say it is representative of me, or even speaks the same language as me.

Jags Trust? Just Terrible. :wall::wall::wall::angry3:

Reading this again and this bit jumped out at me "We have agreed to set up a small subcommittee to review and bring forward proposals for constitutional changes required to more clearly/actively involve the active Supporters Buses. "

How about you engage with the current members 1st instead of allowing the north west bus having a greater say, another sub-committee with things that dont really involve or interest most of the trusts members, or benefit the club that we all support, it reads to me that our supporters association is being rode shotgun with folk with there own agenda and i can see why all the new blood has come and gone while the same old faces seem to be the problem.

How many times have we slagged cowan and hughes for some of there suicidal statements well that one that has been published is right up there with it. Forget the renewal form lads i aint re-joining as this trust no longer represents this fans views

:wall:

This statement is flawed in so many ways, it's late and I can't be bothered getting into but I will say this...it's so far off the mark in terms of representing it's members (and the wider fan base).

I recieved communication from a Club Board member about 3/4 weeks ago and was informed that "fan representation is something the PTFC board are very keen to maintain, but it doesn't have to be via Jags Trust". A couple of months ago that would have annoyed me but not now. The Jags Trust needs to do one thing or it will die (or at least become no more than an organisation that does nothing but hold some shares in the Club), it must call an EGM where all board members stand down. The new JTB members are obviously blameless (I know PD personally and he's a good rep for the Cumbernauld bus...not the North West :o ) here and them being tarred with the same brush as others is unfair but they could be elected on merit if they choose to stand. I'd urge all Jags Trust nmemebers to contact B.C.G Jag and join the list of people who would back a vote of no confidence. I would also encourage Thistle fans who are not JT members to do likewise and express your views if they are similar. If we want change we must force change!

Wasn't this line a little ironic considering the JTB members length of time on the JTB and all the crap they have overseen? "Only two of the Trust’s representatives have served for the maximum term allowable under our constitution, and both of these individuals predated Mr Beattie’s appointment to the Board".. Is David Beattie getting the blame for this? Seriously?

Finally, I hope they consulted David Stewart before they discussed the release of some of that info.

This statement has angered me sooo much and I echo a previous poster....NOT IN MY NAME!!! If change is not forced through this JT member will not be renewing next year.

Edited by Steven H

Bitter, spiteful and undoubtedly penned by the Jessica Fletcher of the JT.

The Jags Trust, PTSA, call it what you will is back in the same place it was before the so-called rebirth. It is a deid duck and I will be heading to the shack in the JH stand to return the membership pish I received only last week as I want nothing to do with this embarrassment and I would encourage anyone else who feels strongly about this to do the same.

It may be the only thing that gets the message through that the members are NOT interested in this tits-for-tat nonsense at a time when the club is in peril.

Edited by Vom Itorium