Fundraising Group

Willjag

Would you support Fundraising efforts?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If a group were to emerge that was focused solely on raising funds for the Club, would you support it?

• Yes, mainly by attending fundraisng events near or at Firhill.
    • Yes, by taking part in auctions, 50/50 draws, raffles etc.
    • Depends on what's available.
    • Probably not.
    • Taking part in all fundraising activities.

• Members

If a Fundraising Group was to start up with the aim of raising cash for the Club, how many people would be interested in supporting it?

I'm thinking along the lines of the Ebay auctions, half time draws, T-Shirts, Race/Quiz Nights and suchlike.

Should any cash raised be spent by the Club as they see fit, or should it be aimed at something specific, Youth Teams? Or maybe on a case by case basis, maybe to fund loan signings or a Gym Equipment?

Edited by Willjag

I'd attend any fundraisers which aren't anything to do with the Jags Trust. Was intending on going to the St Andrews night until the recent statement and also reading that there were elements of the JT board who are still there who actually opposed helping out the club with loan signings.

There should be a both option as I voted for attending fundraisers but I would probably chuck some money in for 50/50 tickets or a raffle too. Probably not auctions though as I'm fairly skint and it would probably be too rich for my blood.

Aye a both option please.

I feel to maximise funds that something ring-fenced like Youth development or a loan signing should be targeted . Just handing cash over to the Club to purchase light bulbs etc won't get the same public/fan response.

If it's planned to sell raffle tickets etc to non Jags fans say round the pubs etc then cash prizes would be better than the likes of hospitality & football tops. Also if money raised was for youth development then non fans are more likely to contribute.

I think this is a very good idea as it allows people who want to see money flowing to the Club to be able to do so without any of the "other" stuff that has been mentioned in other posts/threads coming in to it.

Personally, I favour the money going to specific things that people know about in advance but I know that others prefer the just give money to the Club approach. The important thing is the Club getting more money and if you need things for auctions then let me know and I will see what I can come up with.

I'd love to support the club more by attending events, but to be honest, having a fish supper with you all doesn't really inspire me! No offence. So i'll not be going to the St. Andrews night thing. It's nothing against the trust. I know absolutly nobody that goes to firhill so, for me it'd probably have to be a situation that mostly involved alcohol. I take a six year old to the games so selling 50/50s isn't something i feel i can help with, though i have volunteered to help with the calendars. Matchday is the part of the week when I have the least time to volunteer. I realise it sound like 'i can't do this', 'i can't do that' I'd love to contribute more, i just need the right cause/event.

• Members

I'd love to support the club more by attending events, but to be honest, having a fish supper with you all doesn't really inspire me! No offence. So i'll not be going to the St. Andrews night thing. It's nothing against the trust. I know absolutly nobody that goes to firhill so, for me it'd probably have to be a situation that mostly involved alcohol. I take a six year old to the games so selling 50/50s isn't something i feel i can help with, though i have volunteered to help with the calendars. Matchday is the part of the week when I have the least time to volunteer. I realise it sound like 'i can't do this', 'i can't do that' I'd love to contribute more, i just need the right cause/event.

You've misunderstood a bit I think! I'm not looking for volunteers to help out. I've already got a fair idea of who would help if I decide this is worthwhile. Purely looking to see if there is sufficient interest within the fanbase in helping the Club financially by attending events or being prepared to put your hand in your pocket.

You've misunderstood a bit I think! I'm not looking for volunteers to help out. I've already got a fair idea of who would help if I decide this is worthwhile. Purely looking to see if there is sufficient interest within the fanbase in helping the Club financially by attending events or being prepared to put your hand in your pocket.

I think there would be a lot of support for this, especially from those who have tried and ultimately failed to make the Jags Trust a viable representative body. I'd still rather see this achieved throught the Trust Supporters Association but that is looking increasingly unlikely so I'd support this. My preference would be to allocate these funds to specific causes on a case by case basis, but if the current board can show they can be trusted with this money then give it to them to spend in the best interests of the Club.

Maybe a naive question, but wouldn't any "extra" fund-raising activities (i.e. projects that do not already exist) be best used by putting them towards simply paying off the bank overdraft? Yes, the odd grand here and there might seem like a drop in the ocean, but every capital repayment will also reduce the interest that needs to be paid.

so who started all this share talk all those years ago ? :thinking:

every penny we give to the club we must get shares back in exchange :lol:

And that still makes sense to me. My business isn't a charity and I don't see why Thistle should be either. But we need something for people to rally round and to get their arses into gear and I'm happy to admit that my view on this isn't getting it done.

This looks like a good way to get people involved again. I'd hate to see anyone wandering off to other clubs. :o

And that still makes sense to me. My business isn't a charity and I don't see why Thistle should be either. But we need something for people to rally round and to get their arses into gear and I'm happy to admit that my view on this isn't getting it done.

ive waited along time for you to say that

This looks like a good way to get people involved again. I'd hate to see anyone wandering off to other clubs. :o

ive been back still love the club :thumbsup2:

Even if it's to say, 'not interested', I'd appreciate as much response to this as possible please.

This forum has over 1000 registered users, I'd like to think that more than 50 folk at least think this is worth responding to?

Kind of symptomatic of football interest in general, maybe. Some of those registered users won't be Jags fans, and some will look in maybe once in a blue moon. There must be around 20,000 so-called Thistle fans who could all go to matches if they could be ersed (though our wonderful stadium now couldn't hold them), but a lot of folk just can't be bothered these days.

But good luck with the venture!

Aye, sorry, I got the impression from the wording of the IP and poll that this was still something that was to be formed. I just feel a bit defensive at times because there is so much that I can see could be improved at the club should the fans become more involved, but I feel useless as I don't feel i've got as much time as i'd like to devote to these things.

Anyway, if it's just about giving money, then i'm all for it. The problem is that no reasonable fan could answer negitively to your question 'If a Fundraising Group was to start up with the aim of raising cash for the Club, how many people would be interested in supporting it?' We should all be, whether the money raised goes on debt reduction/playing budget or whatever.

The problem as I see it is finding things that will make sufficient numbers of us want to turn up. BCG Jag has proposed some kind of musical extravaganza that will involve the fans, management and players. It would involve said management and players singing 'relevant' songs to a backing group of fan muscicians. To me this sounds like hell on wheels, but i'm sure others would lap it up.

I'd rather chuck a tenner in a bucket.

I'd happily dip my hand in my pocket to help give a bit more to the club and will be actively encouraging other Jags I know who have lost their way to do their bit to help the club out.

The Jags Trust is a complete no go for me now. I wouldn't have anything to do with anything that lot attempt though I will continue to use Easyfundraising as it really is money for old rope that may well find it's way to the club at some point.

I'd also happily help Will out in any way my capabilities could help and will be PMing him regarding this as I would suggest others who feel the same should do so he can gauge what help/skills are out there.

Edited by Vom Itorium

Sounds a good Idea Will. But might I go a step further and suggest the setting up of an Independent Jags Supporters Association, which can do this sort of thing, and also get involved with other ventures.

Its about time that the jags fans really had a voice, and we don't need a seat on the board to do it!!

BCG Jag has proposed some kind of musical extravaganza that will involve the fans, management and players. It would involve said management and players singing 'relevant' songs to a backing group of fan muscicians. To me this sounds like hell on wheels, but i'm sure others would lap it up.

That's pretty much the idea in a nutshell! :thumbsup2: