Bannigan And Campbell

PaleGreySky

Well done to Stuart Bannigan on scoring his first senior goal. 90 minutes again for him again. Also, well done Jamie Campbell - first appearance and seems keen to have a go at defences without any fear. Great stuff! :thumbsup2:

Although he didn't have much to do (wasn't on that long) Campbell did look eager ... and I noticed he seemed to have a strong physique ... Haven't seen him play for the youth teams - maybe someone can say whether he 'gets stuck in'. If so he certainly ought to be able handle getting a lot more time on the park with the first team.

Although he didn't have much to do (wasn't on that long) Campbell did look eager ... and I noticed he seemed to have a strong physique ... Haven't seen him play for the youth teams - maybe someone can say whether he 'gets stuck in'. If so he certainly ought to be able handle getting a lot more time on the park with the first team.

I've said it on here a few times actually but you're correct about Campbell. He's physically strong and thus tempting to play him middle of the park. Think his best position would be out right but he's comfortable on either wing. Seems very good taking the ball down the line.

I'm quite surprised that he hasn't made his debut earlier as I don't feel he was much of a risk.

Incidentally Bannigan's goal is described in the P & J thus

Partick winger Stuart Bannigan brought down an Alan Trouten cross and cheekily lobbed goalkeeper Lee Sweeney
. Looks like Stuart is having a good start to his loan spell.

Well done to Stuart Bannigan on scoring his first senior goal. 90 minutes again for him again. Also, well done Jamie Campbell - first appearance and seems keen to have a go at defences without any fear. Great stuff! :thumbsup2:

Early days. There is plenty of time to knock some negativity into them and turn them into proper Jags.

I was surprised about McCall’s comments about sending brannigan out for a maximum of two months. It’s great experience if he is starting every week for Ayr.

If we are playing 3-5-2 I can’t see McCall playing both brannigan and Flannigan. I think Flannigan is going to be ahead of Brannigan this season. Next season may well be different.

I think we may get to see a little more of Jamie Campbell on Saturday, and I think a few others may make their debuts before Xmas.

Edited by Alan Murray

• 1 month later...

Bannigan got sponsors man of the match for saturday's 2-0 win over Dumbarton, and was subbed late on. Both goals form The Hoor.

My flatmate is an Ayr United fan, said Bannigan was excellent on Saturday playing Centre Mid. Was everywhere on the pitch and Reid would be daft not to try and resign on for longer on loan. Said his other game he was also excellent - although pretty sure that was against Sunnybank, and got that goal.

Heard that McCall will be using him when he gets back but not sure if it will be in the centre of midfield - where he'll look his best. If we do get Hardie then poss Bannigan will get longer loan at Ayr - I'd like to see him get regular games.

Bannigan is the type of player who could win us a lot of free kicks just outside the box. All we need is dead ball expert. :thinking: Hardie?

It's a pity Stuart has missed out on games thru postponements but must be a certain starter against Hibs this weekend. Personally I'd rather see Bannigan returning after that and MacBeth go out on loan.

We really need to see the bigger picture first to know if any midfielders are moving on.

• 3 weeks later...

I see Bannigan loan has been extended to the end of the season, which I think is excellent for him.

To play in a team week in week out that is challenging for the 2nd Division, could be great for Thistle next season.

Well played McCall.

The improved form of Chris Erskine and, to some extent, Bryan Hodge is probably a factor too.

Good to hear about Bannigan, hope to see the benefit of this being him a regular starter in next seasons starting 11.

Always believed Erskine (like Doolan) would come good, good to see these young lads alongwith the youth players making the step up and becoming increasingly regular picks. Can see glints of a brighter horizon in the distance. Players who truly care about playing in the rednyella.

As much as I was wanting to see him feature more regularly, in this half of the season this is a good decision from the management again.

I'd expect Bannigan will be delighted too. You can't really ask for a better position for one of our bright prospects to gain experience. Top of the 2nd Division with every league game now a big game mentally and two big cup games under his belt and another one on the horizon.

If Bannigan can have as much impact on the first team next season as Cairney did after his loan back spell with Queens Pk then I'll be happy. Actually Bannigan is playing at a higher level and will have at least three games against SPL teams under his belt in addition to what looks like a serious title challenge.

No idea how it would come about, but an ideal scenario would be if Young Stuart scored the goal that helped condemn Livinghell FC to another season in Div 2.

No idea how it would come about, but an ideal scenario would be if Young Stuart scored the goal that helped condemn Livinghell FC to another season in Div 2.

Tasty. :cheers:

Add in Dumbdee being relegated thanks to a late own goal from gary harkins in their last game of the season :sarcastic: , Jags securing 3rd place (above Failkirk) thanks to some stunning wins and run of 20+ games undefeated led in no small part by our emerging youngsters :fan: , and that would be a dream end of season for me after tail end of 2009 and all 2010 that we've endured. :party:

Tasty. :cheers:

Add in Dumbdee being relegated thanks to a late own goal from gary harkins in their last game of the season :sarcastic: , Jags securing 3rd place (above Failkirk) thanks to some stunning wins and run of 20+ games undefeated led in no small part by our emerging youngsters :fan: , and that would be a dream end of season for me after tail end of 2009 and all 2010 that we've endured. :party:

:lol: orgasmic :thumbsup2:

reading that part of me wishes he had returned but it is the right decision by McCall.

edited to add...Looks very likely he'll be a regular starter for us next season

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett